The Shield Season 6 *Spoilers*

Fitzy

Season 6 kicked off tonight and it was a good opener. Nothing amazing or anything, but it was a good episode. Nice touch at the beginning with Vic, Ronnie, and Shane giving Lem the send off he deserved. When Shane found out that Acevada lied to them and that Lem was never going to get a new deal/give them up and he broke down, that was good stuff. Kavanaugh no longer playing by the rules by getting his CI to make shit up about Vic going to her to get one of her contacts to kill Lem is a good turn for this guy as he is clearly desperate at this point. And Billings milking the bump to get out of doing work was great.

I just got myself all caught up this last week after being behind on Season 5 and all I can say is, the Shield is easily the best show on TV. Has been ever since it started. This episode was obviously just laying the foundation for the big shit that's going to go down. I'm sure we all know Season 7 will be the last and with the shorter runs for FX shows, I think it's safe to say this will be one of the few slower episodes we'll be getting.

I loved the end with Mackey watchign Acevedas speech tarnishing Lems name, the dead bodies found all mangled in the house and Kavanaugh doing it Mackey style. Johnny Cash really added to that ending montage. It looks to be a great season and Im ever so glad that Whittaker is back on board.

I don't know if I like what just happened with Kavanaugh just giving up. I guess he figured with Wyms and Dutch on the case that he really stood no chance of getting away with it, but he gave up way to easily. I would've liked to see Dutch bring him down for setting Vic up.

The stuff with Danny only being able to become a Sargent is if she returns to work right away really sucks. Can they really do that? I mean, she just had a child and is on maternity leave. How can they dangle that in front of someone as a way of making them return? I know she will end up taking it, too.

And I like that they aren't over using Billings this season because in the small doses that we get him he provides nice comedy.

don't know if I like what just happened with Kavanaugh just giving up. I guess he figured with Wyms and Dutch on the case that he really stood no chance of getting away with it, but he gave up way to easily. I would've liked to see Dutch bring him down for setting Vic up.

I think it was the perfect way to do it. Kavanaugh isn't Vic and when he tried to be Vic, he failed miserably. Vic emotionally wrecked Kavanaugh to the point where he had to break the rules for the first time in his career. When Kavanaugh watches his wheels unravel thanks to Dutch and Claudette, he realized what he had done and wanted to fix it before it got to be too much. He didn't want to get himself caught up in a web of lies and deceit like Vic has had to do for years following Terry's murder (and everything else he's done). Kavanaugh, if nothing else, is a good man... he didn't want to lose that.

Plus, from a creative standpoint, it makes sense. Vic's hunt for Lem's killer is the big arc of this season, there's just not enough room in their ten episode seasons for another huge storyline like this.

And Whittaker probably isn't sticking around for the season? :shifty:

Both Tina and Billings getting excited over Ronnie getting shit done was great. Billings wanting to be a member of the Strike Team was funny (and the back and forth between Billings and Dutch was just great), and then he goes in and takes down that guy. Billings is awesome. Everyone loving Billings while Dutch gets nothing at all back at the Barn and even doesn't want to help Tina due to the way she reacted to Ronnie was good stuff. Poor Dutch letting Billings get to his head. But later Tina gets her daily tutelage and Dutch thinks it is a date. Dumbass.

And wow and damn at the stuff with Vic and Guardo. He whipped that guy into near death with that chain and then just shoots him dead.

Again, there is no question that this is the best show on television. There's absolutely no question and nothing else even comes close. Vic being at ease isn't going to last long once Dutch starts digging into the information he got from the Fed. Shit is about to explode. What I don't get is, what's up with the mass murder from the first episode of this season? Not a single reference since.

That Shield is known for jumping around on storylines so it could make a return later since Dutch is more focused on finding Lem's killer.

Yeah, I expect it to be the "hooker murders" of this season. But with only 10 episodes this Season, they're already down to seven episodes left... of course it could always carry over to the next.

Guest REENGAYLAND!!!

That was awesome. Pure awesome. Loved Vic/Guardo, and it's great that with Lem's death, we're gonna get to see more Ronnie. He's the one Strike Team member who we still don't really know much about.

It's also great that the show airs in France before it airs in the US and makes torrenting easier and faster :shifty:

Billings is awesome.

Billings: I love the smell of underage sex assault in the morning...uh I didn't mean it the way it came out. :lol:

So Tina is gone now? And she also seems to become the poster girl which Dutch loves. Billings, Dutch, and Wyms walking into the room where Danny was using her breast pump and Billings doing that "wow big boobs" thing, was awesome. And Dutch with the bad "busting" in on you was great as well.

So far I don't much care for the new guy on the Strike Team. He just seems generic. Hopefully they make him interesting. And wow, has Shane becoming a whiny fag lately or what? Not too sure on how to take to Julian becoming a new member of the Strike Team. They are going to hate him.

And I told you Zero that they would bring those big murders back in a later episode.

And lastly, the end scene with Vic breaking down was great.

The new guy is generic, but I think that's what Claudette is going for, she wants a team of Not-Vics as we can see by her desire to add Julian. The one thing I don't get about that is the Strike Team are all detectives, is Claudette changing that too?

And I'd be a whiny bitch too if I killed my best friend for nothing and then watched another man get tortured for it.

Good call on them bringing it back Fizzy, it fit the "no one cares about 12 dead Mexicans" by not talking about it the last few episodes.

Preview for next week looks :o

I assume with the addition to the Strike Team comes a promotion to a detective for Julian as well? I don't see why they wouldn't do that. Hasn't he taken the lead on a few cases when the regular detectives were busy? So he has some experience in that part of the job.