The Shield Season 6 *Spoilers*

Fitzy

Good episode there, as usual. Ronnie needs that beard back as he looks so odd without it. I liked seeing Julian write down all these notes like he is still an officer and Vic starts yelling at him not to do it. Nothing really funny from Billings that we have come to expect, but it was a different side of Billings here with him getting sick to his stomach about this guy molesting his own daughter and being the guy who raped the other girls.

Nice to see Carl Weathers make a return to the show and I enjoyed that side story with him and his partner doing shit to these Jamaicans to get them evicted, especially the guy being all "piss or bleed" and then telling the other guy to drink the piss. Gross. Even Vic hated it.

I am starting to come around to Hiatt as he showed he would track down an undercover even if he wasn't supposed to, to get the information he needed.

Excellent ending with Shane on drugs, breaking down, and admitting to killing Lem, but to his wife instead of Vic and Ronnie.

While not a ton of plot advancement in this episode, we definitely get a taste of where things are going. Shane confessing to Mara was surprising, I didn't expect it to be her after watching the teaser from last week's episode. Still, well played, it will be interesting to see where that goes. Is Mara taking him back out of fear of what she'll do to her if she leaves him or does she - in some sick, perverse way - appreciate what Shane did for their family?

I like the new guy, he's Vic-Lite right now and we're starting to see him evolve already. Vic letting him take over and telling Julian to not let the new boss down was pretty interesting stuff. Julian hanging in the back is very realistic, exactly what I'd expect him to be doing, learning the new way of how to do things.

Carl Weathers!! His first appearance was one of my favorite episodes, we get to see why Vic is the way he is and how much of a badass he is by getting up to hug his daughter after getting shot in the gut. This appearance was a bit lighter, but it's still Carl FUCKING Weathers.

Next week looks like is when the shit's going down.

Guest REENGAYLAND!!!

Just a quick note, in addition to being pure awesome, tonight's episode is directed by Frank Darabont (director of the Shawshank Redemption) which makes it that much more awesome.

The showdown between Vic and Shane wasn't as awesome as the first time they did that, but it was still good. Hiatt continues to get better and better. Not a real fan of the Hiatt-Tina-Dutch or Tina-Hiatt-Danny situations. We don't need two sets of love triangles trying to start here.