Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

hmxspraynwipe wrote:

One of the secret features that we introduced in the Music Store patch was the ability to play "instrumental" songs. This means that the song itself doesn't have a vocal part, but does have all the other parts.

What does that mean for you? Well, it means you can't play YYZ as a vocalist because there's no vocal part. There's no leaderboards for Solo Vocal YYZ, no difficulty slot for it for vocals (in RB2, the notches disappear and it says "No Part"), and if you try and play YYZ as a vocalist it'll remind you that this is an instrumental track.

Hope that clears things up!

Damn, I'm currently stuck on "Gimme Shelter", because I'm singing either a half step or whole step below the chorus part. Thing is, that's the way it's ingrained in my head, so it's hard to get through and I've failed twice on it in my attempt to do the endless setlist on Expert Bass and Vocals.

Hopefully after a good night's rest I can get past it.

That's the thing, I usually sing in Falsetto to match the original octave a song is sung in to be more accurate, but it's not working. And then when I go to my comfortable octave it just goes to hell. Well, after a night's rest let's see what I can do.

EDIT: I am going to try to do this again at a later date, as I couldn't get past it after 6 or 7 tries. Will wait until I get more used to singing the songs on Expert before I try again. That or a microphone stand, as I know the headset doesn't pick up vocals as great as the microphone does.

Edited by Ekin Von Erich

Regarding the delay in this week's DLC.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we won't be able to release Rush's "Moving Pictures" this week. We'll be working on it as hard as we can, but it looks like it could be a couple of weeks to fix. In the meantime we will be moving around our schedule so we still have DLC coming out each week (including this week, info to follow in another announcement).

Sucks as I was looking forward to playing YYZ again, but hopefully the filler is good for this week.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/rock-band-2-ful.html

Stocking the digital bins, EW.com has learned exclusively, will be seminal full albums by Foo Fighters (The Colour and the Shape), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik), Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking), Megadeth (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying) and Stevie Ray Vaughn (Texas Flood), along with a specially-compiled No Doubt Best Of collection. All are slated to roll out in the coming months, according to MTV Games.

Dear... God!

Peace Sells? The Color and the Shape? Blood Sugar Sex Magic?! The other three albums I'm not particularly a fan of but I'm sure a lot of other people find amazing? :w00t:

What the fuck is a Locksley?

I'm no fan of Rush, but you announce an album download that big, it gets delayed...and you replace it with that? Seriously? They don't have something better on tap, waiting for them to decide to release it?

I hope that's not what they release... if it is, wow.

They're apparently the mtv flavor of the month/week band. Not bad, but generic pop rock. It's out now on for PS3 users, but still nothing is up for the 360.

And pricing is .99/80 msp or 2.99/240 msp for the pack.

Edited by ragbag

DLC for 9/2 (or whenever if there's technical difficulties)

PAX 3-PACK

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets - "Shhh..."

Jonathan Coulton - "Skullcrusher Mountain"

MC Frontalot - "Livin' at the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe"

$2.99/240 msp for pack $.99/80 msp

OFFSPRING 3-PACK

"Pretty Fly"

"Gone Away"

"Self Esteem"

Price unknown at the moment.

EDIT: So, according to HMX, no offspring pack this week, as this is an error on Microsoft's part after placing an ad featuring the PAX pack, the Locksley pack, and the Offspring pack. Official announcement tomorrow, so we'll see if anything else comes out with the PAX pack.

Edited by ragbag