Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

So nothing I'd care about, assuming the individual tracks are just single versions of the ones released before and thus no "The End".

Harmonix explains Rock Band 3 legacy track upgrades, pricing

by Alexander Sliwinski on Nov 8th 2010 9:30PM

This week's Bon Jovi Rock Band DLC will include previously released tracks that now have an "RB3 Version." There was confusion about whether these songs, which now include keyboard and harmony support, would have their previous "legacy" versions upgraded for free. That will not be the case.

Harmonix explains those who own the legacy versions will have to pay the $2 for the new RB3 Version if they'd like to have the keyboard and harmony upgrade. Also, for those who want the Pro Guitar and Bass versions of the songs, they'll have to buy the RB3 Version, plus pay another buck for the "Pro" upgrade.

A Harmonix rep explained to Joystiq that the developer hopes to have the Pro Guitar/Bass versions available for the legacy versions -- without having to pay the $2 for the RB3 Version as well -- in the future, but that this won't be available for the Bon Jovi tracks. So, the short of it is: if you want the keyboard and harmony upgrades, you'll have to pony up the Jefferson ... that's who's on the two dollar bill. Yes, there's such a thing as a two dollar bill.

Argue whatever you want, i call it rape.up to 5$ for a single song to own parts of it twice just issent nice.

11/16 DLC

Bee Gees – “Jive Talkin’”

Bee Gees – “Night Fever”

Bee Gees – “Stayin’ Alive” X

Bee Gees – “Nights on Broadway”

Bee Gees – “Tragedy”

Bee Gees – “You Should Be Dancing”

B.B. King – “The Thrill Is Gone” X

Procol Harum – “A Whiter Shade of Pale”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Nov. 17)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “The Bee Gees Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.75 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1,000 Wii Points) for The Bee Gees Pack 01

• 3 months later...

Painkiller is gone :crying: For me at least

Have songs been removed from Rock Band 3 recently? I just tried to find Painkiller but it is no longer on my song list, I'm sure it transferred over to RB3 and all of the other songs from RB1/2/Lego are still on the list.

• 2 months later...

Are there no guitar freestyles at the end of songs on Rock Band 3? I've only played the first Rock Band, which had them in. Only just got hold of 3 and hadn't come across any, which annoys me.

Edit: Just came across one on King George, awesome. Does anybody know how many more there are in the game?

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• 3 weeks later...

Play.com is giving away Band Hero (game only) for PS3 almost for free. It´s 3.99€/£2.99 inc shipping.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9973282/Band-Hero/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=Band+Hero&urlrefer=search&cur=257

Also, the Real Guitar has been discontinued by fender, HMX did no nothing about this so there might be some last chanse to order. If you ever want to own this, keep your eyes and ears open now.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/12544/fender-discontinuing-the-rock-band-3-squier/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fender-discontinuing-the-rock-band-3-squier

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 4 months later...
Guest JukeboxHero

Man, this thread fell down.

Harmonix says that they will be doing something different with the next Rock Band game. Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopoulos said that the company is looking at some very different things for the next entry after this holiday season's Rock Band 3.

"In the longer term, looking into next year, we're actually considering a fairly fundamental creative reinterpretation of what the Rock Band business is," said Rigopoulos. "We're committed to the franchise, but I think that when we do things with it in the future, it's going to be a pretty dramatic departure from what we've done before."

Harmonix CTO Eran Egozy added, "All I'll say for now is that it isn't what you think. You might assume we're going to add saxophone or something along those lines, but no, the kind of direction we're planning on taking Rock Band, the kind of innovation we have in mind, is taking it in a different direction - one that's more suitable to the kind of environment we're in, what people are doing now, what they're interested in playing now, versus, say, 2007."

Hmm, maybe some sort of story mode to go along with the game? Maybe something with Kinect?

Just noticed the article says Rock Band 3 is coming out this holiday season. I'm pretty sure it's been out for a year now.

Edited by JukeboxHero