Thank God You're Here

ACCBiggz

When you ripped off our 'Thank God You're Here', you could've at least called it something different :P

Did the USA actually rip us off? Are you serious? That has gotta be a first.

You guys do know that this stuff happens all the time? Show concepts, scripts, etc. are often sold to other countries to make their own version.

When you ripped off our 'Thank God You're Here', you could've at least called it something different :P

Did the USA actually rip us off? Are you serious? That has gotta be a first.

I always wonder where these shows originate from, like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the like. I know we in the UK had [to suffer through] Strictly Come Dancing before America had Dancing With The Stars...but short of taking a poll of half the countries of the world, I can't really know for sure.

Probably not the first time but other countries copying our ideas seems to be very rare. Not only are we taking ideas from other countries, the majority of our national networks air American shows. We have very few good Aussie comedies, drama or action shows, it's a bit sad really.

I always wonder where these shows originate from, like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the like. I know we in the UK had [to suffer through] Strictly Come Dancing before America had Dancing With The Stars...but short of taking a poll of half the countries of the world, I can't really know for sure.

Indeed, it's quite interesting. I'm sure Millionaire started in the UK, as did Strictly Come Dancing. Deal Or No Deal was... Dutch? French?

Weakest Link, Faking It, Hell's Kitchen, Supernanny, Wife Swap...they're always at it, these Yanks.

Plus they've "remade" tons of sitcoms. They did Coupling, Men Behaving Badly, The Office, Teachers...plus All in the Family (Til Death Us Do Part), Cosby (One Foot in the Grave), The Ropers (George and Mildred), Sanford and Son (Steptoe and Son), Too Close for Comfort (Keep it in the Family).

Of course, we did steal The Apprentice, which is better than any of the gameshows they nicked.

Thank God You're Here is great and all, but sometimes the people just downright suck. Like that one guy who didn't know what 'popo' meant and couldn't put on an accent.

When the guy went into the tomb I wanted him to say "This isn't where I parked my car.." but no luck. The shows good they just need better improv guys.

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy