Buy A Football Club & Pick The Team

Guest Put You On The Game

Giving 1,750,000. Now a team of 11 on just £100 a week would cost 57200 and that budget's hugely unlikely even at the low levels you'ree aiming at. Now you need to look at all the other costs associated with the club and that money is again gone very quickly. Staff cost money, then you have everything else associated, yes, sponsorship and tickets (should) help towards balancing the books but that's still not enough to look after the club realistically.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are just too many people with a supposedy equal share for things to work well. You get boasrd room disagreements with top clubs whereby there will usually be a majority shareholder and maybe ten others elected to the board. With this scenario you've got this problem on a much larger scale. Then you throw in the extra factors like... well... money... Buyying the club is one thing, being able to run it is another entirely. Theoretically if people with their shares were to support the club you'll get full houses every week which will help with some of it but there are the financial aspect that the oney put up to buy won't cover.

Don't get me wrong, if something like this did work it'd be great but there are a lot of aspects that leadme tothink it's more fantasy thn realistic in the long run.

I just see this being run as something similar to the Green Bay Packers, which got like 100,000 owners or something ludicrous like that. Everyone got shares, everyone can have a vote on something, but there's a few staff to control daily operations and minor shit.

There are just too many people with a supposedy equal share for things to work well. You get boasrd room disagreements with top clubs whereby there will usually be a majority shareholder and maybe ten others elected to the board. With this scenario you've got this problem on a much larger scale. Then you throw in the extra factors like... well... money... Buyying the club is one thing, being able to run it is another entirely. Theoretically if people with their shares were to support the club you'll get full houses every week which will help with some of it but there are the financial aspect that the oney put up to buy won't cover.

Don't get me wrong, if something like this did work it'd be great but there are a lot of aspects that leadme tothink it's more fantasy thn realistic in the long run.

I just see this being run as something similar to the Green Bay Packers, which got like 100,000 owners or something ludicrous like that. Everyone got shares, everyone can have a vote on something, but there's a few staff to control daily operations and minor shit.

Well it's slightly different since the Packers didn't use the internet and is also owned by citizens mainly in Green Bay. I forget the details, but this one is going to have ownership from the entire globe whereas the Packers are a locally owned franchise... worth much more than anything we'll be buying.

We're up to 14,500 members

Also, Mr.Brooks has confirmed that a Mr. Kenneth Bates is NOT one of those registered, so Leeds United are unlikely.

Sorry to double post, but we're up to 20,865 members now. Also, a registration counter can now be found on the site (which will be updated regularly, along with a newly revamped FAQ section.

• 2 months later...

Go me with the 10 week bump.

Apparently it's time to pay up and make a take over. A club in League Two and two in Conference (so I'm guessing these are 3rd and 4th down from the Premiership) are apparently trying to sell to the consortium.

Wonder who the three clubs are. (cough Leeds cough)