Help recommend me sum good music

Trav226

I'm sorry but the words 'Good Music' and 'Fall Out Boy' Don't go together -_-

To answer your question Lost Prophets, The Offspring, blink 182 are all pop-punk type bands.

They're wittier than most bands, have catchy hooks and an interesting sound, what's so bad about their music? Sure, they might be poster boy weirdos, but the music is good.

Also, none of those bands really sound like Fall Out Boy or P!ATD, same genre but they still don't sound similar to me. Ever tried Race The Sun?

I'm sorry but the words 'Good Music' and 'Fall Out Boy' Don't go together -_-

To answer your question Lost Prophets, The Offspring, blink 182 are all pop-punk type bands.

They're wittier than most bands, have catchy hooks and an interesting sound, what's so bad about their music? Sure, they might be poster boy weirdos, but the music is good.

Also, none of those bands really sound like Fall Out Boy or P!ATD, same genre but they still don't sound similar to me. Ever tried Race The Sun?

Yeah, it would've made more sense if you said Panic instead.

That one I can accept. May as well have called them Brandon and the Coatail (sp?) Riders.

No Use For A Name were always a pop-punk band. It's far from a derogatory term. But I do agree they've kind of lost their edge over recent years. I was never a huge fan, but they do have some good songs. "Leche Con Carne" especially is a good album.

Rise Against are good, but they're starting to piss me off with the whole, "Shoving our views down people's throats" thing. Why have videos that are totally unconnected to their songs, just to shove your views down people's throats. Pisses me off. Also, I WANT MORE KILLING TREE TIM!!!! Plus "Siren Song..." sucked...("Tip The Scales" was fucking harsh though), the new album's good, but they too seem to have really lost their edge. Their song on the Sick Of It All tribute really proves it. IT'S AWESOME!! Great screamed vocals. It's weird hearing Tim scream properly again. He's got such a great voice, and on the last album his vocal work was totally pussied out. Their version of "Built To Last" is the standout on the CD, and makes me miss the RPM days of Rise Against even more. :(

The new Sugarcult album is not good. And a lot of their older stuff actually comes across boring on record, it's good, catchy, just lacks some spark (Great live though).

As for Rise Against, I REALLY like them, I respect they have these views, and I respect that a semi mainstream band are really pushing some stuff to people's attention, but they're doing it TOO much. Videos that are unconnected with songs in the slightest way, I just find as shoving your feelings down people's throats, because you can. As for their material, it's gotten too glossy. Granted it doesn't have to be as rough around the edges as say old school punk, but I still feel like punk-rock should have some form of..edge?....damnit I can't really describe it, but you get what I mean. TS&TW is a good album, a lot better than I thought it would be when I first heard the name. But it really needs more edge, more screamed vocals, it's far too nice. Stuff like "Bricks", it's a good song, but it would be so much better if it went all "Unravelling", fast as fuck with awesome screaming vocals.

In my humble opinion, I think Rise Against lost the plot after Revolutions Per Minute, that was their best album by far, the recent stuff is utter shit.
Edited by YI