Griffey out...again.

Slimg

*sigh*

I wish the Reds would wise up and trade him. I never wanted them to sign him in the first place (they needed pitching more than they needed him at the time), and its hard to justify paying him the kind of money he's making when he's on the DL as often as he is.

The Reds might have made it to the World Series, or at least the last round of the playoffs, by now if they had spent that money on pitching and a semi-decent outfielder instead of Griffey.

Problem is, he's likely got a no-trade clause in his contract, and his contract doesn't run out for a few more years.

*sigh*

I wish the Reds would wise up and trade him. I never wanted them to sign him in the first place (they needed pitching more than they needed him at the time), and its hard to justify paying him the kind of money he's making when he's on the DL as often as he is.

The Reds might have made it to the World Series, or at least the last round of the playoffs, by now if they had spent that money on pitching and a semi-decent outfielder instead of Griffey.

Problem is, he's likely got a no-trade clause in his contract, and his contract doesn't run out for a few more years.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Griffey was THE best player in baseball at the time, would you have argued if the Reds had gotten A-Rod in the offseason? The Reds made the right move in bringing in the best player in baseball and he wanted to go back home. Injuries happen.

If he hadn't been injured, I bet he'd be chasing the homerun record with Bonds.

The damn quote button isn't working again!

thuganomic: I'm sure that there are plenty of American League teams who would be willing to take him on as a DH\backup Outfielder (that is, he DHs but goes into the Outfield if needed).

CM Punk: I understand why the Reds signed him, BUT....I happen to be a Reds fan, and I was saying that I didn't want them to sign him in the first place. I sat in front of my tv and watched the press conference, and let out a big `OH, HELL NO!'. I thought at the time, and STILL think, that even had he been 100% healthy with no trips to the DL, they would have been better off spending the cash on pitching.

I still sort of like Griffey, but NOT when he's on the DL all too often, and I think he'd be better off back in the AL.