FIFA '08

Better next gen game yes, better game over every console, nowhere near. Konami really screwed up pro evo on the 360, but the ps2 version was a maor step in the right direction. Recently the best fifa player in the world played the best pro evo player in the world on pro evo, what happened, he got his ass handed to him, his excuse? Well on fifa you always know where the sweet spots are to score, on pro evo it seems to be more realistic... Also with the fact that for pro evo 7 they have got the english license, it should be more even between fifa and pro evo on next gen

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disliked Pro Evo 6. Maybe because I don't have a Next Gen console and had to play on the PC. However, the only reason I tend to dust off my X-Box is to play Pro Evo 5. It's fucking immense.

Better next gen game yes, better game over every console, nowhere near. Konami really screwed up pro evo on the 360, but the ps2 version was a maor step in the right direction. Recently the best fifa player in the world played the best pro evo player in the world on pro evo, what happened, he got his ass handed to him, his excuse? Well on fifa you always know where the sweet spots are to score, on pro evo it seems to be more realistic... Also with the fact that for pro evo 7 they have got the english license, it should be more even between fifa and pro evo on next gen

But my point is fifa boy couldnt beat pro evo boy on pro evo, and admitted pro evo was a much harder game because fifa had so many 'sweet spots' that you would always score from....his words, not mine

personally, I like fifa 07, it was probably a lot better than pro evo 6

I like to think I'm a footballing fan, and I support a league 1 team.

They're on FIFA and not PES, but it doesn't stop me thinking PES is a better game than FIFA, though I agree with the lack of much to do on PES on the 360, it's still a blast online or playing with mates and PES7 should bring back the features to match the gameplay which is very very smooth and slick.

The last FIFA game I got was 2005 (out in 2004) and have since then owned the past 3 PES titles. To be honest I’m getting a little bored of them and I think I’ll most likely try out FIFA this year.

Although, have FIFA stopped putting rubbish like “Off the ball” control into their games? I had always wished they’d just concentrate on improving what’s there already without adding a load of unnecessary junk that needs you to tap several back buttons and two analogue sticks at once.

I’m aiming to buy a PS3 in October, to coincide with the release of GTA4, and FIFA will probably be the other game I purchase with it.

Wii

The Wii version of the game will contain many exclusive features and an unique gameplay. Miis will be used in this game and they will have hands, contrary to all previous Mii related games. Also there will be many soccer related minigames. The Nunchuk is used to control a player's body, with the analog stick used to control the direction the player moves; the Z button is used for turbo running and to put spin on the ball once it's kicked.

• 1 month later...

FIFA 08 to feature 10-player online single matches

Be A Pro feature extended to 10 players online in one match; feature only available to US and European gamers.

By Randolph Ramsay, GameSpot AU

Posted Aug 23, 2007 6:02 am GMT

When EA Sports first announced its Be A Pro feature for the upcoming FIFA 08--a new mode which allows players to take control of a single-player throughout an entire offline match--many immediately started speculating about the possibility of online matches where entire teams are controlled by real players. It seems EA has come halfway to that ideal, with confirmation today that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of FIFA 08 will feature five-versus-five play on a single online match.

The Be A Pro Online Team Play mode will be made available as a free download six to eight weeks after FIFA 08's launch, which is set for Q3 2007. This mode locks a gamer into controlling a single, fixed player for the length of an entire match. Up to five "real" players can be on each team, with rest controlled by the game's AI. In a press statement, FIFA 08 producer Joe Booth said this was the first step towards a full 11-versus-11 online mode.

Only FIFA 08 owners in the US and Europe will be able to take advantage of Be A Pro Online Team Play mode, however. An EA Australia spokesman said lag was the main factor in locking off competitors from Australia, as dropped connections will result in all players having to restart the Be A Pro Online Team Play mode. One-on-one matches will still be supported for players outside of the US and Europe.

I'll probably be pre-ordering this for the 360 as it gets closer to release date. I liked the demo for 07 that we played, and with the advancement of online play allowing 5 players on each team I am really excited for it. Hopefully a lot of EWB'ers pick it up and can have some matches online.

FIFA 2008 PC Demo is out since 12 o'clock today, don't think that has been mentioned before. I'm at 90% now downloading, so I'll get back on it later :)

*EDIT: I've played the demo. Interface, looks like FIFA 07. The way you can change your squad looks like FIFA 07. Start the match Man Utd vs. Bayern Munich, same intro like FIFA 07. Match starts, it looks the same as FIFA 07 and the gameplay seems very much like...you guessed it: FIFA 07. I guess it's easier to tackle now, which is good. It's slightly easier to run past an opponent. Through balls don't work very well, not how I'm used to using them (*cough* Pro Evo). If you hold down the through ball button one second longer than usual, the player will hit the ball like he's giving a through ball to someone in Bangladesh or something, really hard, it's odd, but hey it's a demo so it can still be fixed. I actually like the shooting in FIFA, sometimes it's dodgy, but I had one awesome shot with Cheyrou (Marseille), it curled into the right topcorner, that's something you can't really do in Pro Evo...

All in all, not much seems to have changed since last year, which is a big shame. I thought I was going to play a game that might come close to Pro Evo's gameplay, but I was wrong. Maybe the demo only sucks and the full version is totally different, let's hope so :)

Edited by Quasi Juice

FIFA 2008 PC Demo is out since 12 o'clock today, don't think that has been mentioned before. I'm at 90% now downloading, so I'll get back on it later :)

*EDIT: I've played the demo. Interface, looks like FIFA 07. The way you can change your squad looks like FIFA 07. Start the match Man Utd vs. Bayern Munich, same intro like FIFA 07. Match starts, it looks the same as FIFA 07 and the gameplay seems very much like...you guessed it: FIFA 07. I guess it's easier to tackle now, which is good. It's slightly easier to run past an opponent. Through balls don't work very well, not how I'm used to using them (*cough* Pro Evo). If you hold down the through ball button one second longer than usual, the player will hit the ball like he's giving a through ball to someone in Bangladesh or something, really hard, it's odd, but hey it's a demo so it can still be fixed. I actually like the shooting in FIFA, sometimes it's dodgy, but I had one awesome shot with Cheyrou (Marseille), it curled into the right topcorner, that's something you can't really do in Pro Evo...

All in all, not much seems to have changed since last year, which is a big shame. I thought I was going to play a game that might come close to Pro Evo's gameplay, but I was wrong. Maybe the demo only sucks and the full version is totally different, let's hope so :)