Rage Against the Machine 8/24/07

zero

On the subject of new RATM? No thanks. RATM were never that good, IMO. Kind of bland.

I feel bad coming into a RATM thread and doing this, but oh my god. I've never loved anyone on EWB as much as I do now. (Besides when IAceI rants about them being shite :shifty:) They were never THAT good.

This is why you two rock.

I've been saying this forever, and when I do, almost all my friends go off on a rant about how they're like, so freakin' awesome. Ugh & ew.

Rage are fan-fucking-tastic. As long as you don't listen to Evil Empire too much. The first album in particular is awesome.

There were rumours flying round Download that the countdown for today was a reference to them playing a secret gig at Donny. Silly Download Radio, powered by BBC 6.

On the subject of new RATM? No thanks. RATM were never that good, IMO. Kind of bland.

I feel bad coming into a RATM thread and doing this, but oh my god. I've never loved anyone on EWB as much as I do now. (Besides when IAceI rants about them being shite :shifty:) They were never THAT good.

This is why you two rock.

I've been saying this forever, and when I do, almost all my friends go off on a rant about how they're like, so freakin' awesome. Ugh & ew.

Getting on the Wandbagon, but yeah, throw me in the hat for the underwhelming feeling I heard when RATM decided to get back together. I've got an album of theirs, I'm sure, but they are just pretty meh to me in general.

I love how everyone loved them and wanted them back together after they broke up, and now they do these one off shows, people start coming out saying "yeah I didn't much like them." I'm not expecting universal adoration for them, but I've heard a lot more negativity about them since they came back than before.

I love how everyone loved them and wanted them back together after they broke up, and now they do these one off shows, people start coming out saying "yeah I didn't much like them." I'm not expecting universal adoration for them, but I've heard a lot more negativity about them since they came back than before.

I've never been a fan. I've said it for years. Long before they reunited. It's just now they've reunited they're being brought up a lot more, thus it's natural to actually comment on things that are current events.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And its the way that the fans of RATM are acting like its this huge, huge thing that naturally means people will come out and say that personally, RATM does nothing for them. For the fans it IS obviously big news, but otherwise, not everyone is going to be that fussed by it.

I hope, hope, hope, hope I can get tickets to the show as that would just be awesome to see. I'd love to see RATM alone but with QOTSA too? That's almost as good as Tool with the likes of QOSTA or NIN. I just hope the tix don't sell out right away.

But you were acting as if bands don't get discussed unless there's something new about. People I've spoken to since RATM broke up generally have been favourable of the band, and it's only since they actually announced the comeback thing that I've heard more negativity. I get that with stuff happening now, it gets discussed more. But Rage haven't had an album out since 2000 or something, and I've heard loads of discussion on them since then.

Yeah, but since they've mentioned they are coming back, every thread has been greeted with a messiah-like positive feedback, so if that keeps being the case, it is only natural that after a point, the people who don't see it that way will also have their say.

As for talk between when they broke up and now, there is a chance there was negative stuff said, just not as concentrated as it is now.

But you were acting as if bands don't get discussed unless there's something new about. People I've spoken to since RATM broke up generally have been favourable of the band, and it's only since they actually announced the comeback thing that I've heard more negativity. I get that with stuff happening now, it gets discussed more. But Rage haven't had an album out since 2000 or something, and I've heard loads of discussion on them since then.