The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to play the Caliente household, moved in Landgraab. Moved them into a nice swish home, so there's Nina living with her sister Dina, and Dina's boyfriend Malcolm and Dina gave birth to her child with Mortimer - Finley.

However I decided to take Malcolm to his owned properties - the OFB side of the game - okay so I've cheated a bit, I needed to keep their energy up for the day (I'll be fucked if im going downtown for 4 hours before they get knackered) and from $200 or so in I day I am now at $150,000 and all but 3 perks away from completing all 25. I can power network, meaning I talk to someone, choose power network and i instantly know all of that persons contacts and get a modest starting relationship already. I can also phone absolutely every single person in Pleasantview.

Malcolm Landgraab IV is essentially the Don of Pleasantview. He has a rank 10 Electronics business and a rank 6/7 Corner Shop business. All I want to is to get someone who can manage my Electronics business, sell off the Corner Shop one (should get $70,000 or so) and then just let someone else do the hard work for the Electronics business.

Moved them into one of the bigger houses too, it's 3 floors, with the little sitting area off the side of the house. Near the Goth's house, about $130,000 - not the $200,000 one. It's really swish and when they marry Malcolm, Dina - possibly Nina depending what I do with her - and the children (Finley and I plan on Malcolm and Dina having some) will be the most powerful family for some time - and will give me some great storylines I'm sure.

Also my self created sim and Ivy Copur are married and living together, but they can't try for a Baby. Any ideas why?

I have an interesting problem. Whenever I start up the game, the neighbourhoods I have established myself in (Pleasantview and Strangetown) do not appear on the menu screen. I started in Pleasantview, and everything worked fine for a while. I start it up one day to find it's missing. All the files are still in the EA Games folder in My Documents, but it's just not there. Frustrated, I started in Strangetown, giving up on the hard work I put into my first game. I start it up later, and the same thing's happened.

Now the only selectable neighbourhoods are Veronaville and Make A New Neighbourhood. I'm not allowed to move into Veronaville, as that's where my brother has set up shop, and he fears for his game if I move in... Any help to recover my saved neighbourhoods?

No kidding?..If they meet the requirements for WooHoo, don't they meet the requirements for Try For Baby except for the obvious woman has to be at her home, and the stuff I already know?... Teen Woohoo is just a hack that allows for Teen Woohoo, Teen Pregnancy, Adult/Teen WooHoo etc. etc. all the stuff that adults can do, but with teenagers involved too.

And as I said, she's a full adult and they both live in the house. So that doesn't really solve the problem either.

It may be my created sim, he was at the Caliente/Landgraab IV household and him and Nina had all the options except Try For Baby, despite both meeting the requirements. So I'm not sure but it appears to be my created sim, he must be sterile >_<

Edited by IAceI

Yeah, it looks like a bug. Pretty shitty buzz.

I really need to get into my old game, but it's not just the same playing it at home compared to school where my roommate chirps me about having a small house resulting in 5 hour sessions to shut his mouth.

Oh, where do you guys come up with kid names? I really have no idea what to name future offspring.

Edited by Clawson