The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he made a long post about what he done with a couple of families over a long period of time.

SimPE looks like I may be able to resurrect the Tricou's completely :D. I'm considering slipping them into Pleasantview one by one just sort of mysteriously raising havoc amongst everyone around..

Hmmmm....so all 4 kids that my custom sims had ended up with the dad's hair and eyes. None of them got their mother's genes for that...does that usually happen or is my game just fucking with me.

And I haven't checked number 4's sign yet but the other three are Libras...like the dad.

Apparently, once your sims have a child, you have to go back to the neighbourhood screen at some point and create a new family (basically generate a new sim) otherwise all subsequent children from the same two sims will have the same genes as the first.

So yeah. That might be it.

They're dead!? :crying:

If only GAME accepted refunds after opening the box.... This would be going straight back if I'd known.

So....

What families and characters have people come up with? And how do you play to keep all the families progressing at the same rate? And how do you fit in university so everyone progresses together?

I don't have University myself but that's my next purchase sometime.

I play 5 days to advance to the next season, so right now I'm getting everyone up to Winter, and will then play through it and then play through everyone at spring. I've only created two sims of my own, a guy and a daughter - with no mother it would seem... daughter is a spoilt little princess (just like my child will be ¬_¬) and the guy is married to Ivy Copur but at a wedding of his friend Malcolm Landgraab IV him and Nina accidentally slipped into bed, accidentally had sex and she has accidentally become pregnant and given birth to Kenwyne. Oh won't my sim be proud?

Lillith cheated on Dirk with his dad which I've posted about already a page or two back.

I've just expanded on the current storylines that you get with Pleasantview when you start - they actually give you a little story that you can play on with or just do what you like. Such as the Goth/Lothario wedding, you can have it go ahead, go ahead and fail (if you plan properly), not go ahead at all etc. I recommend playing at least all the families once since most have fun stories and you never know what you're missing.

I've also created another sim - Sergei Yourraf, a Russian/Something mix who is at the House of Fallen Trees looking into the Tricou family mystery. I'm going to bring them all back and move them into Pleasantview and see what controversy I can cause, with Sergei doing... something after that.

So I have Deluxe and Universtiy so this is what I have done with my Plesantview. I play each family From Monday Midnight till Thursday Noon and than Thursday Noon till Monday Midnight. I have only played one week to one and a half weeks in. I shall list each families story in the order I play them.

Lothario

Basically Don has been working on his career and did stuff with Cassandra(but since this mostly happened under the Goth house I shall list it there). Been pretty boring other than the occasional woohoo. Did pick it up though as this last session I had the Dark Hair Maid(can't remember her name) move in with him and had them get a new place with two bed rooms and basically going to use them to woohoo with as many simes as possible. Trying to get the maid knocked up by Daniel Plesant but can't remember if I was succesful, if not Don will have to do the honors as Daniel just aged to elder.

Caliente

Dina(the blonde) moved out leaving Nina all by her lonesome. Not much happening here. Was thinking of marrying her off to Don but decided against it and I think I just might make her a sugar mama to either Dirk or the eldest Broke son(forgot his name).

Broke

Brandi had her son and named him Skip after her late husband. I finally got her a job now that the kids are atleast children and that her oldest went off to college so she needed an income. I would like to knock her up again but don't know who to use. Beau is now a teenager(I think a day or so in) and Skip is a child. Think I am going to not have Beau see anyone romantically until he heads off to college.

Plesants

The first day I played them I had Daniel woohoo the maid while Mary-Sue went off to work. Mary-Sue recievied a chance card and was promptly fired coming home and finding Daniel in bed with the maid. They decided to not say anything in front of the kids and to stay together even though they weren't talking or sleeping in the bed at the same time(Became tricky every now and than). Both Angela and Lillith have woohoo with their respected boy toys and have just left for college.

Burbs

Lucy became a teenager yet she hasn't really done anything except with Dirk. John and what-her-name had another child, a girl named Jamie. Other than that nothing exciting.

Dreamer

Darren has mastered his creativity and selling enough paintings so that I can slowly upgrade the house here and there. Dirk meanwhile has become somewhat of a pimp sleeping with Lillith, Lucy, and Ivy Cooper this last cycle. He is going off to college real soon so that should be fun.

Goth

Mortimer married Dina and Cassandra was close to marrying Don but instead found Don woohoo with Nina in a hot tub causing her to break it off. Mortimer died shortly after finally getting to woohoo with Dina. Leaving the house filled with Dina, Cassandra, and Alexander. This last cycle I had Cassandra get knocked up by Darren and Dina get knocked up by a teenage Alexander. I am planning on for the next cycle to move them into a new house as I never really liked their current one.

Oldie

I thought about having them become friends with Brandi Broke and moving in with her to help raise her kids but decided against it. Basically they are woohoo every night and just surviving until they die where I will move their graves to the neighborhood graveyard.

College

Basically only been able to play Dustin(The oldest Broke son, just remembered his name and am to lazy to go further up and fix it). Built him a quick one bedroom flat for his first two years. His future plan is to enter into the criminal buisness and has a major in that field. For his junior year I am having him move into a three bedroom flat with Angela, Lillith, and Dirk. Planning on having Dustin bed Lillith at some point and from there I don't know. Oh and for how long I send them to college I send them to college for four Pleasantview days as I figure one day equal one standard year so that is what I do.

Now if you excuse me I have some Sims to play.

Headed over to Strangetown...

The Spectres

The aunt is now dead, natural causes took her after her niece went to college (I forget both of their names) and now Nervous Subject lives in the residence, free and far away from any disturbance, but now he wants 6 grandchildren and one of his regular wants is to be a werewolf, so adoption seems like the route forward since I like keeping him alone (would you begrudge him solitary after what he's been through?).

The Beakers

With Nervous now free (see above), they now have no test subject, but they're developing a new plan, with the intent to reign supreme over all Strangetown, they intend to create a super being... the vampirewerewolfzombiealienplantisim! Even if it means kidnapping certain other individuals of Strangetown for that alien.

The Grunts

The two eldest sons are off to college whilst The General has realised there are closer threats at home, so he's gone into local law enforcement (it was his lifetime want and it made more sense than just having him go through the motions), he's keeping a close eye on all residents, especially those of the Beakers.

The Smiths

Johnny is off to college and there isn't a whole lot I've planned for them yet, I intend to give Pollination Technician an extravagant 'death' party but that's in the long run. Meanwhile he's enjoying retirement and likes to see his four children as often as possible.

The Travellers

Came with Bon Voyage, I felt they'd probably choose Strangetown as their home of choice, after all, they want to go on holidays and being near the weird all the time it must be nice to vacation. Trent is getting involved with one of the Singles girls, Kristen (the not blonde, not alien one) which could stir up some trouble.

The Singles

Lola moved out and in with Ajay Loner (see below), now Erin finds herself on a journey of discovery as she finds herself attracted to alien Chloe, a girl she has a vehement dislike for, as well as coming to terms with being a lesbian she must also come to terms with getting over her anti-'greenskin' agenda. Kristen is involved with Trent Traveller but has also already had relations with Chloe, methinks I smell someone screwing over the Traveller marriage :D

The Loner

Ajay found love with Lola Singles, they eventually wed and found happiness, both are aiming for the $100,000 goal and so they are simply working their arses off to become the richest sims in Strangetown, unfortunately Lola also wants a baby, which may put a dent in their plans, but the Beakers might have a plan if the baby turns out as a 'greenskin'.

The Kims

The most useless fucking family in the game, they're all nice and friendly, they have a kid, a dog, they used to star in a TV show and are now settling down, so of course, I turn them all into vampires and have the mother killed and the dog taken away for mistreatment.

The Curious'

As if they need a fucking story with two alien babies around the house <_>

Edited by Benjirino~!