The U20 World Cup

Guest Ringmaster

Where's Adu playing now, is he still with DC?

I remember back when he first appeared in the CM/FM games, everyone thought he was going to be the next Pele.

Apparently he had a trial at United and was well below what they expected.

Juan Pablo Angel is currently tearing up the MLS, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

He tore up the Premiership too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back when he first appeared in the CM/FM games, everyone thought he was going to be the next Pele.

Juan Pablo Angel is currently tearing up the MLS, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

For that one season.

Then got fat.

One season is better than none.

Wow I am kinda suprised that ESPN is airing the Brazil v. USA game. I mean they didnt air any of the U.S. National team's games in 2 different tournaments, but they are airing a U-20 World Cup game, I am not complaing since I will defiantly be watching this game.

3-0 over Congo with a goal from our 3 best players. :D And Vidangossy nearly scored one too.

Just have to kick some Austrian ass and watch Canada lose all hope of a bright future.

If Congo wins and either Zambia or Jordania win, Brazil are out. I'm liking this world cup. :P

I didn't even know Scotland were in this thing. I just saw us lose in the last few seconds against Costa Rica 2-1, with 10-men on the pitch. And who was the Costa Rican who scored against us just before the final whistle? JOHNATHAN MCDONALD? What the fuck, change your name you smelly Hispanic cockhole, stop trying to be Scottish! >_<

We also finish bottom of our group with losses to Japan (acceptable), Nigeria (acceptable) and now Costa Rica (not acceptable). Had I known Scottish football was going to suck this hard at youth level I'd start going to the gym and sign up. Seriously, this is embarrassing.

I didn't even know Scotland were in this thing. I just saw us lose in the last few seconds against Costa Rica 2-1, with 10-men on the pitch. And who was the Costa Rican who scored against us just before the final whistle? JOHNATHAN MCDONALD? What the fuck, change your name you smelly Hispanic cockhole, stop trying to be Scottish! >_<

We also finish bottom of our group with losses to Japan (acceptable), Nigeria (acceptable) and now Costa Rica (not acceptable). Had I known Scottish football was going to suck this hard at youth level I'd start going to the gym and sign up. Seriously, this is embarrassing.

Canada's slim chances just got even slimmer. We now need to beat Congo by 3 goals, never mind the fact that we haven't scored a goal this tournament. But good on Gambia; that was a great effort.

Well at least Canada made history :thumbsdown: (The only Host team to never score in the history of the U-20's). And I didn't misread my ticket, it was just a very BIG typo. At that time I didnot know what match I was going to see but now I know I'll be seeing Uruaguay vs. USA. Should be fun.

Just came back from the USA/Uruguay matchup, and man it was intense. The first half was nothing spectacular, and their were many failed Wave attempts in the sold-out crowd (although their were a lot of empty seats at the very top). The crowd finally got the Wave working and we went like 5 times in a row, and everyone was into the match. We had very good seats, the 30th row, and we were able to see the whole field perfectly.

What's up with the portuguese players? Don't they know they can't come running and punch a player? And then the other one comes from behind and takes the red card right from the referee's hand just to receive a red card as well. And after all that happened, at about the 90th minute, the referee just comes over to our player and gives him his second yellow for no reason and sends him off. WTF? Never trust a referee from fucking Malaysia.

We still won 1-0, so yay. ^_^

Also, Congo are through.

It's times like these I'm ashamed of being Portuguese. Seriously, those players acted disgracefully and in no way should represent the country. The coach has a history of incompetence, wherever he passed through he's been plagued by failure and indiscipline, and both the U21 and the U20 national teams were further proof of that. The Portugal players have the potential, but they still need to mature a lot, as seen in the game against Chile, and they need someone who's actually competent and has a firm grip on them, unlike the current manager.

Seriously, it's damn shameful.

Yes! 0-0 at the end of full time, and in the end we win 4-0! Awesome definitions from Isla and Vidangossy. Horrible discipline from Nigeria, 6 yellow cards and a red card. They should also be taught about fair play.

Still, we have a very good chance of winning the cup, IMO, and we still haven't conceded a single goal in the whole tournament. :D

Also Austria managed to beat USA 2-1 and the Czech Republic beat Spain 4-3 in penalties.

Yes! 0-0 at the end of full time, and in the end we win 4-0! Awesome definitions from Isla and Vidangossy. Horrible discipline from Nigeria, 6 yellow cards and a red card. They should also be taught about fair play.

Still, we have a very good chance of winning the cup, IMO, and we still haven't conceded a single goal in the whole tournament. :D

Also Austria managed to beat USA 2-1 and the Czech Republic beat Spain 4-3 in penalties.