"You broke my heart but I still love you" type of songs

Docpepper

A friend of mine is having some relationship problems and she wants me to make her a mix cd with a bunch of songs with the theme of " you broke my heart but I still love you" She likes country , rock and soft rock newer and older stuff is okay as well.

Right now I have

Joe Nichols - I hate the way I love you

all suggestions are welcome

"You Really Got A Hold On Me" by The Beatles

"Like A Stone" Audioslave

"I Got You" or "Atlanta" by Stone Temple Pilots

"You", "Far Behind", "Happy Pills", or anything else by Candlebox

"I Love You" by Under the Influence of Giants (it's upbeat but it still fits lyrically)

EDIT - hm, "So Far So Good" by Thornley? Maybe "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight" by James Taylor?

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye (though that one's a bit more about impending heartbreak, but still). I'd go as far as to say that's probably the best song in that field.

Like A Stone is not about love.

I know. One of the Audioslave guys said it was about waiting for death to come and take you away, yeah? I think it was Wilk. Or Cornell. Probably Cornell.

But lyrically it's one of those songs that can apply to a lot of stuff, and some people apply it to loving and losing.