Blades lose appeal

I'm happy because a team who actually play football have stayed in the Premiership. In a dream world, both Wigan and Sheffield United would have gone down.

They played "football" for the last month of the season. What about from October to March? We can excuse their pathetic displays then because Tevez threw on the Superman costume and single-handedly saved them?

Sheffield United annoyed me more than West Ham anyways, the Blades should never have been in the Premiership in the first place - they were no way in the top three best teams in the championship so i've always held that against them. Hopefully this will mark the end of Sheffield United in the Premiership for good.

Blades launch High Court appeal

Sheffield United have launched an appeal in the High Court claiming the arbitration panel made an error in judgement over the Carlos Tevez affair.

The panel turned down the Blades' claim for a new disciplinary commission to be set up to deal with West Ham.

This followed the decision to uphold the original verdict not to dock the Hammers points over the signings of Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

West Ham had earlier been fined £5.5m for their handling of the duo's deals.

The Hammers were found guilty on 27 April of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's ownership.

When Tevez and Mascherano were registered as players, West Ham failed to disclose that they had entered into an agreement with third-party companies.

Sheffield United had launched their first appeal after they went down on the last day of the season and West Ham stayed up.

The three-man arbitration panel, headed by retired High Court judge Sir Philip Otton, did not have the power to change West Ham's punishment but could have ordered a new independent commission to judge the case.

A Premier League spokesman said in a statement: "The Premier League has just been advised by our legal team that Sheffield United have launched an appeal in the High Court.

"Our legal team inform us that this is a very narrow window of appeal where Sheffield United are claiming that the arbitration panel under Sir Philip Otton made an error in law by failing to send back the original decision to the independent disciplinary commission for reconsideration.

"It is a matter of record that the Premier League has acted at all times in accordance with our rule book and procedures, as such we expect this matter to be expedited as quickly as possible and, again, we will not be altering any plans for next season."

There's a snowflake's chance in hell of them succeeding in the high court. They need to shut up and focus on getting promoted again. I've never seen a club throw such a collective hissy fit.

West Ham have already had their actions punished fairly (according to whoever gave the verdict). They're not going to deduct points just to cheaply relegate them because they saved themselves, miraculously, in the finals weeks of the season.

I don't blame Warnock for leaving them, and he LOVES that club.

There's a snowflake's chance in hell of them succeeding in the high court. They need to shut up and focus on getting promoted again. I've never seen a club throw such a collective hissy fit.

West Ham have already had their actions punished fairly (according to whoever gave the verdict). They're not going to deduct points just to cheaply relegate them because they saved themselves, miraculously, in the finals weeks of the season.

I don't blame Warnock for leaving them, and he LOVES that club.

Neil Warnock is pathetic.

Sheffield United are just wasting their time, have they been making any signings etc.? Expecting to come back to the Premiership while spending the whole summer as Kraig put brilliantly 'throwing a collective hissy fit'. I hope they don't bounce back, but they'll still be complaining about it in ten years time anyways.

• Admin

Sheffield United are investigating whether they can appeal to the civil courts against an arbitration panel's verdict over the Carlos Tevez affair.

But the club has denied an earlier claim that they will seek a High Court judgement on the case.

This followed the panel's decision to uphold the original verdict not to dock West Ham points over the signings of Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

The Hammers were fined £5.5m for their handling of the duo's deals.

We will not be altering any plans for next season

West Ham were found guilty on 27 April of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's ownership.

When Tevez and Mascherano were registered as players, West Ham failed to disclose that they had entered into an agreement with third-party companies.

Sheffield United had launched their first appeal after they went down on the last day of the season and West Ham stayed up.

The three-man arbitration panel, headed by retired High Court judge Sir Philip Otton, did not have the power to change West Ham's punishment but could have ordered a new independent commission to judge the case.

Earlier on Wednesday, a Premier League spokesman said in a statement: "The Premier League has just been advised by our legal team that Sheffield United have launched an appeal in the High Court."

But the Blades have said this is incorrect.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6270920.stm" data-cite="\"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6270920.stm

">

Sheffield United are investigating whether they can appeal to the civil courts against an arbitration panel's verdict over the Carlos Tevez affair.

But the club has denied an earlier claim that they will seek a High Court judgement on the case.

This followed the panel's decision to uphold the original verdict not to dock West Ham points over the signings of Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

The Hammers were fined £5.5m for their handling of the duo's deals.

West Ham were found guilty on 27 April of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's ownership.

Earlier on Wednesday, a Premier League spokesman said in a statement: "The Premier League has just been advised by our legal team that Sheffield United have launched an appeal in the High Court."

But the Blades have said this is incorrect.

I'm a Sheffield United fan and, whilst I honestly feel West Ham should have been docked points rather than a fine, even I'm getting tired of this now. Sure, it'd be nice if something happened - but it won't. We ought to just spend the cash we saved (yes, Warnock only spent some of his ~10/12m budget), plus we'll grab 4m for Jagz when he goes to Everton.

To be honest, I knew as soon as the West Ham stuff happened that we'd end up getting relegated - it's just the kind of thing that would happen to us. lol.

Ah well, in my opinion Tevez shouldn't have been allowed to play for some of the games he did and, as such, they should have been docked the points they won whilst he played in those games. I understand it got cleared up later, and they then said he was fine to play from that point on, but the principle remains that they cheated. Did they get off lightly? Yes. Is there anything that can be done now? Probably not. All we can hope is that the Premier League grow a backbone and deal with things better next time.

Anyway, we should be concentrating on bringing in one or two players to strengthen the squad and just leave it now.

EDIT: Cock, beaten to it.

Edited by Dragon-F'n-Force!

Sorry about that :)

Anyway, even if they do end up taking this to a High Court, it's too late now, surely

From what I can gather, we're trying to get (up to) £50m compensation.

At least when you don't get promoted back, you have the excuse your club was whinging about this until half way through the season.

*Shrugs*

I've said my piece on the subject. Though, I am quite concerned at the lack of big (for Championship) signings. We've sold Davis, Kazim-Richards and Jagielka so far and bought Billy Sharp (who has potential, but is unproven at Championship level) and Gary Naysmith (who isn't really there to be a midfield dynamo or anything).