Eriksson named Man City boss

Man City set to unveil Eriksson

Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to be confirmed as Manchester City boss after new owner Thaksin Shinawatra took his shareholding in the club past 75%.

More soon.

Well, well, well.

Man City for relegation?

Yes. That or like, UEFA cup place fringes. I really hope he does well to make some of these so called critics eat their words.

Guest Ringy

Sven at City is perplexing. Before anyone shits on him, he's an outstanding boss on the club level. However, he's known for taking sides that are classical attack-minded sides and giving them a solid defense in order to turn into powerhouses. That was the case with Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Lazio. Yet, I don't really think Man City's defense is a problem. It's the fact they can't score or attack 'cause they suck :shifty:. It'll be fun to see what he does when he actually needs to build an attacking side, something he's never done.

No. Why are people so against Sven? He's got a good record to his name, but people are constantly against him. I know people dislike him, and I'm not trying to make him out to be the messiah even, but I reckon Man City will be a mid-table/lower mid-table team again this season, but I think they will show a bit of improvement under Sven, plus he should have some decent money to work with, and he's got a bit of a reputation so I reckon he can attract some decent players.

I don't think you could be more wrong, and saying "Man City for relegation" just seems quite sad to me, he's got an impressive resumé and as long as people don't expect him to make them into Europe Elite within a season or so, I don't think people should complain.

But it's Sven, so everyone will jump all over him before he's even had a match in charge.

Guest Ringy

Apparently, Sven is already trying to buy Roque Santa Cruz. I mark for Roque. If he can make him consistent and keep him injury free, he's got 12-15 league goals right there.

This is a good deal for Man City, i've got a good feeling about this move to make Eriksson boss. No doubt he feels like he's got something to prove to everyone - especially the press. I do personally hope it works out for him also, I believe City will be in the top ten this year. Especially if they get players like Roque Santa Cruz - that makes my mouth water.

I have a soft spot for Man City - probably because I hate Man United and so do they (:shifty:) - so I hope this works out for them. Also, I like Sven. And he's been fairly poor so far, but I really do love Mpenza. He just looks like a fucking animal.

So come on City. To an extent.

Sven at City is perplexing. Before anyone shits on him, he's an outstanding boss on the club level. However, he's known for taking sides that are classical attack-minded sides and giving them a solid defense in order to turn into powerhouses. That was the case with Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Lazio. Yet, I don't really think Man City's defense is a problem. It's the fact they can't score or attack 'cause they suck :shifty:. It'll be fun to see what he does when he actually needs to build an attacking side, something he's never done.

He'll guide them to the first season in Premiership history where they score 0 goals and allow 0 goals. This is a good move for Man City though, look what Sven did at Lazio. With the proper funds he could consistently put Man City in the top half.