Reccomend Me Some Soft Vocal Bands

Draevyn

So as I've said a few times in a few different places, I've recently been finding new bands through watching OTH which uses a lot of indy bands, or retro-punk bands for their episodes. Anyway, anyone know of some bands that have the same kind of vocal properties as say "The New Amsterdams" or say "La Rocca" I like to be able to hear every word for songs, though I do like a good heavy metal riff everyonce in awhile. But right now I'm looking for songs where the words aren't hard to hear at all.

Band/Album(s) for first listen. I presume you know the obvious ones like DCFC, Jose Gonzalez etc.

Electric President ("Electric President")

Jeremy Enigk ("World Waits", "Return Of The Frog Queen")

Beirut ("Gulag Orkestar", "Lon Gisland EP")

Radical Face ("Ghost")

The National ("Boxer")

Piano Magic ("Disaffected", "Incurable EP")

Final Fantasy ("He Poos Clouds")

Styrofoam ("Nothing's Lost")

Aqualung ("Strange & Beautiful", "Memory Man")

Bad Astronaut ("Houstan: We Have a Drinking Problem", "Twelve Small Steps, One Giant Dissapointment"...some heavier songs, but a lot of acoustic/softer songs...also check out "Afterburner"...I have the songs which I can send you, they're on the myspace, there's on 4, and no formal release has been made yet)

The Mountain Goats ("Get Lonely")

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly ("Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager")

Brightblack Morning Light ("Brightblack Morning Light")

Edited by YI

I always had a soft spot for Turin Brakes back in the heady days of the New Acoustic Movement, the poo-est movement of all time.

I'd also say Teenage Fanclub, but probably because I'd be willing to say Teenage Fanclub for any 'recommend me music' thread ever. Two of their fans in their early 90s heyday: Liam Gallagher and Kurt Cobain.

Band/Album(s) for first listen. I presume you know the obvious ones like DCFC, Jose Gonzalez etc.

Electric President ("Electric President")

Jeremy Enigk ("World Waits", "Return Of The Frog Queen")

Beirut ("Gulag Orkestar", "Lon Gisland EP")

Radical Face ("Ghost")

The National ("Boxer")

Piano Magic ("Disaffected", "Incurable EP")

Final Fantasy ("He Poos Clouds")

Styrofoam ("Nothing's Lost")

Aqualung ("Strange & Beautiful", "Memory Man")

Bad Astronaut ("Houstan: We Have a Drinking Problem", "Twelve Small Steps, One Giant Dissapointment"...some heavier songs, but a lot of acoustic/softer songs...also check out "Afterburner"...I have the songs which I can send you, they're on the myspace, there's on 4, and no formal release has been made yet)

The Mountain Goats ("Get Lonely")

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly ("Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager")

Brightblack Morning Light ("Brightblack Morning Light")

Thanks for those. Don't ever assume with me and music though as I'm really not up to date on much of anything...unfortuantely :thumbsdown: I've never listened to either of the two that you said were "obvious" :(

Death Cab For Cutie = the sex. Get "Transatlanticism", "Plans" and "The Photo Album"...and get The Postal Service album as well. They're like one of my favourite bands...EVER. :wub:

And you can't go wrong with Terrible Twos, which is the New Amsterdams/Matt Pryor kids album..."1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...7, 8, 9, 10, 11...When I get to 11, I don't wanna grow no more".

Edited by YI

Have you checked out David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd)'s solo stuff?

Personally I think it's shite, but it fits the bill for the stuff you're looking for.

Edguy songs that fit: Save Me (the most awesome song ever ¬_¬), Another Time, Roses To No-One, Land of the Miracle, When A Hero Cries, Forever.

Also; Tallulah, Replica, The End Of This Chapter and Letter To Dana (among others) by Sonata Arctica.

Oh, and you could check out Armoured Saint, but nobody else seems to like them.

Edit: And House Of Lords.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Kepler ("Loose Ground", "Upper Canada Fight Song", "You Must Admit")

Early Day Miners ("East Berlin at Night", "Autumn Wake")

Pedro the Lion ("I Am Always the One Who Calls")

Devotchka (plenty of good stuff on the Little Miss Sunshine OST, and their version of Siouxsie and the Banshees's "The Last Beat of My Heart" is better than the original)

EDIT: Err, scratch Kepler and EDM off the list if you're after clear vocals. Not so much.

Edited by caucasianheat

Death Cab For Cutie = the sex. Get "Transatlanticism", "Plans" and "The Photo Album"...and get The Postal Service album as well. They're like one of my favourite bands...EVER. :wub:

And you can't go wrong with Terrible Twos, which is the New Amsterdams/Matt Pryor kids album..."1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...7, 8, 9, 10, 11...When I get to 11, I don't wanna grow no more".

Pffft...Against Me! acoustic EP...calling it an acoustic EP is fucking weird. Seeing as you know, pretty much all their material at one point was acoustic. Yeah, they don't have drums...but pffft. I'm also not sure they'd fit as Tom Gabel has a harsh, nasal voice. But still. I like them. "Reinventing Axl Rose" > *

And I :wub: Cauc for pimping Pedro The Lion.

Edited by YI