Teen Queen Tries to Sing

thuganomic

Following in the footsteps of such young actors-turned-musicians as Hilary Duff and Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lindsay Lohan has signed a recording contract.

Lohan, who turned 18 on July 2, recently inked a deal with Tommy Mottola's Casablanca Records, according to her spokesperson.

Though no details about the contract were released, Peter LoFrumento, a representative for Universal Music Group, Casablanca's parent company, told The Associated Press on Monday that "it's a long-term recording contract."

"Right now she needs to get into the studio and get down to work," he added.

Lohan has already recorded tracks for the films "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen," "Freaky Friday" and "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement".

Meh. I'm so sick of the actress-turned-singer-turned-actresses

Stick to one thing.....and do it well.

Guest Tommy

Why do actors assume that singing is something anyone can do?

Why do singers assume that acting is something anyone can do?

I guess they think that if theyre starting to suck at one, the other might be able to provide sucess. After all they can perform on stage to a degree, and most want to remain in the spotlight for as long as possible.

It kinda makes sense, yes the two are different, but the lifestyle and the money are similar.

I mean it would be silly if they tried plumbing.....

She's not that bad. Not on the level of Hilary Duff at least. Oh well. It's a shame, because she's actually not that bad on the acting level. If only she'd stick to that. On the other hand, it's not like you have to listen to it. There's a market for this kind of stuff and record labels would be counterproductive not to milk it. Didn't Hilary Duff have a number one album last year? Just saying, is all.

What I really don't get is why Tommy Mottola signed her. He was in Sabbath dammit and now he is signing teen film stars. But yeah I hope the hype about it is over and she won't sell a record.

What I really don't get is why Tommy Mottola signed her. He was in Sabbath dammit and now he is signing teen film stars. But yeah I hope the hype about it is over and she won't sell a record.

The money, obviously. Lohan, regardless of her singing talent (or lack thereof, I wouldn't know), is bound to sell good amongst the largest demographic of teens, the 'marks'. It's just like in wrestling, the 'marks' are going to 'mark out' for Lohan as a singer, because she's a well known actor, and buy her album(s). I know it sounds stupid, because it is.

Ah well, Lohan is hot enough to make me forget this eventual mistake. Good thing actresses over 30 have better sense than to sing (i.e. Monica Bellucci, Nicole Kidman, etc.).

Kidman has, with Robbie Williams, singing "Something Stupid" cover.

And Lohan sucks ass, and I am yet to find her hot, same goes for Hilary Duff.I've seen girls at parties at that age that look a helluva lot better, while I'm sober.I don't see all the fuss over these two, in particular.

It's been proven that Mottola signs girls often times because he sleeps with them (Mariah Carey, Thalia). I'm not sure if it applies here but it certainly could happen. I mean, we're talking about Hollywood, The Land of No Virgins.