Ticketmaster

tristy

Is there any way to pay cash on Ticketmaster, or do they just accept credit cards? I ask because the Smashing Pumpkins tickets go on sale tomorrow (today?) at 10 AM, and one of the dates is Nashville, TN(!!!).

And they're not insanely expensive, either.

Oh trust me, Ticketmaster is expensive. They throw so many fees onto the face value it's not even funny. The other day I paid $56.75 for a ticket with a face value of 35.

The only way I believe you pay cash is if you go to the Ticketmaster outlet yourself and pay there. Can't do it via phone or online.

Damn. Since it's kinda late, and I don't really buy tickets often, what does it mean on the Nashville SP event page when it says "US $49.50 - US $55.00"? I couldn't really comprehend that last night, either.

Ticketmaster is shit.

They wanted to charge me £22 for a £9 gig ticket the other day. Luckily it wouldn't accept the UK or England or anything else as a country I live in so I had to find somewhere else, and got them for £12 including delivery. In conclusion, Ticketmaster sucks the big one.

Yeah, ticketmaster is the fucking devil. I hardly ever order tickets online (When I'm in town I can just drop into the box offices, not difficult) but when I do, I wouldn't dare touch ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster is fucking evil, I'd rather go straight to the box office or use seetickets or wayahead. I also remember reading somewhere about their shitty stance on scalping, although I can't remember where it was or who said it. Twas essentially along the lines of "We're not out of pocket, it's fans' fault for agreeing to support touts. Fuck it. And you."

You could try LiveNation. I don't know though, they're probably not much better but I don't think they charge nearly as many fees. However, I could be wrong, so I dunno. I've only used Ticketmaster because I don't know, I usually don't care too much considering I know that if I get them online (and I usually have to travel to get tix for gigs so just going to the box office is a bit of a no-go for me) I'm going to have to pay various charges.

couple years ago I bought tickets for the Warped tour from a ticketmaster outlet. There was a retail outlet a few milse from my house, I figured it'd be better to pick them up then pay to get them shipped? The difference? For three $25 dollar tickets, I would've paid about 70 bucks each due to shipping, "convieience charge" etc..if I bought online. At the retail outlet? 60 bucks each..

If you can find a ticketmaster retail outlet around you, it usually pays a little better to go there and pay cash/credit card

I couldn't tell you since I never been to that place, or Tennessee. You'll be able to see which section is which price tommorrow when they go on sale.

I will say this, expect to pay at least 15-20 bucks over face value.

That was the Rock The Bells ticket wasn't it? Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I found out how much the charges were too...

Yeah.

I figure, if I'm already going out there... may as well go all out. Get covered seats instead of hanging around in the lawn seats way the hell back, avoid the sun and/or rain.