New Bad Religion album and Social D's "Greatest Hits" album

Lint

Just picked up Bad Religions new album New Maps Of Hell. God, I love how BR has seemed to returned to form with their return to Epitaph and reunion with Brett. Their Atlantic albums were good, but they just seemed to lack a certain energy that the older albums, as well as Empire and Maps Of Hell, seem to have.

As for Social D's Greatest Hits album, I downloaded that. I'll more then likely pick it up, just to satisfy my obsession with having complete discographys, but I only wanted one song frmo the Great Hits album, a new one called Far Behind. But i do have a question. Listening to the Story Of My Life thats on the album, it sounds...different, then the original on the s/t album. At first I thought it was just remastered, but Mikes vocals sound more like his current ones then the older, less cigarette ravaged voice. The other songs sound like the originals. So did they re-record Story Of My Life, or is it a good re-master? Or am I just totally off on both and imagining things?

I might pick up the bad religion album, they are one of my favourate bands of all time

The Empire Strikes First was an awesome CD, one of my favourites. I bought the new Bad Religion release, but I haven't had a good chance to listen to it all the way through. I need a good road trip for that.

Yes, the new Bad Religion album is a solid effort from the group, but it is becoming too formulated where you know what is going to appear on the album. At least it was so fast paced action then the songs that are usually a slower, melodic tune like the last two albums were.

Good album but by no means is it a classic. Let's take a listen to Suffer or No Control and compare it to New Maps of Hell.

Regarding the Social D album, did they offer up a good portion of their work during the "Mommy's Little Monster" album? I think that was probably my favorite work by the group, and probably the only work I enjoyed. They had this incredibly sweet demo from that era that has a nice version of "Telling Them".

And just for fun, Steve Soto of the Adolescents and Casey Royer of the Adolescents and D.I. had stints with the band in it's early stages.

the Social D greatest hits album is...

1. Another State Of Mind

2. Mommys Little Monster

3. Prison bound

4. Story Of my Life

5. Ball And chain

6. Ring Of Fire

7. Bad Luck

8. When The Angels Sing

9. I Was Wrong

10. Reach For The Sky

11. Far Behind