MTV's top 10 "hottest MC's"

Driver The Naniwa

Just because his music has more meaningful lyrics dosen't take him out of that realm. His shit gets pushed for the exact same reasons the other people's songs get pushed. Kanye West is commercial as anyone, if not more.

Call me when Kanye's grinding in the underground scene, next to Slug, Murs, MF Doom, and GOOD rappers like that.

Alright, then the distinction I want to make between Kanye and most other commercial rap nowadays is... most commercial rap nowadays is brainless garbage that gets pushed (more like smothered) on the radio in order to sell ringtones. It took almost no thought to produce, is entirely controlled by suits. Kanye meanwhile, he knows what sells and therefore does that. However, he puts more thought into his work and doesn't have to suck dick like random Atlanta crunk or hyphy flavor of the month. The random flavor of the month thrives on idiots, Kanye dabbles with the idiots for popularity and album sales yes but likes to go to one level above that to get at least some respect from more refined tastes who won't put up with the radio garbage nowadays.

This probably didn't explain anything, did it?

-Jeezy is apparently the new Tupac and/or DMX

-Lil' Wayne, despite not moving any big number of units, is on top because he's lyrically better than anyone else out right now, according to MTV. His new mixtape is "a masterpiece"

Those two bits made me lol. They're both fucking jokes as far as emcees go, in ten years people will go "Lil who? Young what?" and be laughing at how they placed in a top 10 for anything.

Yes, I have. I found them wholly uninteresting and undeserving of the hype they - as well as he - receives. There's much, much better out there. Just because he can string gibberish together and make it sound alright by no means makes him a good or even great MC. Juvenile can do that too, but no one heralds him as some form of legend or legend in the making and rightfully so, because he's crap. So is Lil Wayne.

Lil Wayne is ridiculously overrated. Just because Wayne is the best lyricist out now means nothing. It just means that rap is total junk at the moment. Wayne is horrendous and his "flow" is irritating.

Edited by The Souljah

Yeah, an old friend, who now hates me for dissing stuff like this, was trying to foce me to listen to stuff like Jeezy and Lil' Wayne and I thought it was garbage. As far as MC's I listen to stuff like Eminem, Jae Hood, Big L, Tupac, Nas. None of these new rappers/MC's do anything for me. They may have good lines but to me their delivery of them is horrid.

and a little quote from Em about Andre being on a list like this...

‘Cuz I’m at the end of my wits with half that gets in.

I got a list, here’s the order of my list that it’s in.

It goes Reggie, Jay Z, Tupac and Biggie

Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurrupt, Nas and then me.

But in this industry I’m the cause of a lotta envy.

Who's Reggie by the way?

and a little quote from Em about Andre being on a list like this...

‘Cuz I’m at the end of my wits with half that gets in.

I got a list, here’s the order of my list that it’s in.

It goes Reggie, Jay Z, Tupac and Biggie

Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurrupt, Nas and then me.

But in this industry I’m the cause of a lotta envy.

Who's Reggie by the way?

Edited by Driver The Naniwa

Lil Wayne is ridiculously overrated. Just because Wayne is the best lyricist out now means nothing. It just means that rap is total junk at the moment. Wayne is horrendous and his "flow" is irritating.

He's not even that great of a lyricist. You don't even have to go that far underground to find guys on equal footing with him. Wu-Tang Clan aren't even underground and they boast the mother fucking GZA. "Liquid Swords" for Christ's sake.

Edited by damshow

He's not even that great of a lyricist. You don't even have to go that far underground to find guys on equal footing with him. Wu-Tang Clan aren't even underground and they boast the mother fucking GZA. "Liquid Swords" for Christ's sake.