Madden 08

Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still throw boatloads of INTs, but 99% are out of either panic because my O-line gets smoked, or out of sheer "I can fit that in there! *throw*" Brett Favre imitation stupidity.

Related note, Devin Hester is pathetically easy to trade for and a lethal weapon on offense. Steve Smith and Devin Hester, the Bomb Squad (Y)

Too bad Jarrett is my only other decent receiver, because Carter & Colbert have the dropsies.

Speaking of receivers, anybody seen any freaks of nature? I remember in NCAA 04 finding a 6'7" receiver with 99 jump...passing has never been easier, I just 'overthrew' him and he went up and got it. I'm still hoping to stumble across another one of those, because Smith & Hester are short.

On kick returns, just run right into the wedge. If you're lucky you can juke out one way or the other and there's nobody there.

On punt returns, juke like crazy. You need a bit of help to get the first ten yards or so, but once you've got those it's pretty much up to the juke working, because there are too many of them to truck over.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any interesting franchise moves to report? After being the worst gun-for-hire ever, the Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears release John Kitna and sign free agents David Carr and JaMarcus Russell to compete with Kyle Orton in an open competition to become starting quarterback in 2010. I rule, oh yes I do. And Eli signed with the Packers, giving Chicago fans everywhere a Favre-esque target of hatred, after the Indifference Years when Aaron Rodgers was under center.

Ok, so which sliders control INT's and Fumbles?

I was using these.

But using 8 minute quarters (perhaps too long considering I was skipping the cutscenes) playing as New England against Indianapolis, the halftime score was 38-35. Both QBs had 1 INT returned for a score, and another one that wasn't returned (so 2 INTs each). Then in the second half, my first two drives resulted in Maroney fumbles (when he hadn't fumbled in the first half, and was not showing signs of fatigue). Any advice?

BTW, if anyone wants an easy victory, you can just add me. Gamertag = name on the board.