Madden 08

Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where at on OS? I went to the forums and only saw thier review. And on Madden Mania, or whatever they changed their name to, the only good one that was confirmed by people was a 9 min All-Madden slider set. Another one that got halfway decent reviews was a 13 minute All-Pro set... both don't suit me.

I'll probably be on later. I've played one half of Madden before I turned it off, wasn't terrible or anything, just a bit meh. I'll play it later tonight and on through the week most likely.

Apparently, EA thinks we're too retarded to put players in motion ourselves. And I'm getting sick of the fucking jetpack INTs. Terrance Newman jumped clean over Bernard Berrian earlier to nab a perfectly timed ball from Rex Grossman. And those kinds of passes are rare enough from Sexy Rexy, I don't need the odd successful one being stolen by Superman.

Terrance Newman jumped clean over Bernard Berrian earlier to nab a perfectly timed ball from Rex Grossman.

Madden's so realistic, that's exactly what's going to happen on Sunday. Well, perhaps not the perfectly timed ball from Rex, but you get what I mean.

Well it's ticking me off, it killed my two minute drive with no huddle. Especially since before next-gen we could chose the player we wanted and chose where he motions too, and most importantly...WHEN. It's just an annoyance.

Sure, they're annoying but why not just audible to a play without the motion?

Well it's ticking me off, it killed my two minute drive with no huddle. Especially since before next-gen we could chose the player we wanted and chose where he motions too, and most importantly...WHEN. It's just an annoyance.

Sure, they're annoying but why not just audible to a play without the motion?

Two main reasons for this. First, this limits your plays greatly. Secondly, the play clock can start to bite you if call into an audible with fewer than ten-fifteen seconds left (depending on the play.) Motion comes in handy for creating mis-matches or just outright getting people open, especially with hot routes added into the mix.

Kinda glad I backed away from Madden in '07, as it just seems that the series has started to stall out. Ah well, I'll inevitably jump back in. They always come back.

How does it limit your plays greatly? In a no huddle situation you're going to be calling the play from the line so you have a small selection anyway. And you can always change the route of the motion man, that takes about a second.

If we're going to talk about a no-huddle situation, then yes, it becomes a little less about the amount of plays you can run and more about the possibility your opponent's going to be able to easily read and defend what you're going to do. In a regular situation, you're limiting yourself from the number of plays in your playbook to the seven or so you have as audibles (hot routes not withstanding.)

I'm just annoyed by it killing the clock. It makes it so the hurry up isn't a hurry up at all, it'd be quicker to just go back to the playbook and select another play. Madden isn't that bad, but they have been changing things for no reason and this stood out to me because automatic motions are pointless because the user has no control over it.