Madden 08

Toe

04.18.07.16.14.33.jpg

So, unless I have been horribly misinformed, the newest edition of the Madden football franchise hits store shelves in North America tomorrow for the 360 and PS3 (I am unsure about the Wii version). I am really looking forward to this game, as they reintroduce a feature that really hurt last years next-gen effort, Owner mode. Also, the player tags like "Cannon Arm QB" really look interesting to me, giving certain players boosts in certain situations.

Is anyone else looking forward to this game?

Edited by Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting it, despite the fact that they stole a bunch of stuff from All Pro Football instead of coming up with something new, but this is EA we're talking about, no one should be suprised

I'm getting it, despite the fact that they stole a bunch of stuff from All Pro Football instead of coming up with something new, but this is EA we're talking about, no one should be suprised

It goes both ways though, with EA innovating with the skill stick in NHL 07, and NHL 2K8 taking it. If you see a good idea in a game, its not a bad idea to implement it into your own game.

Does anyone know if the dumb EA Radio announcing is gone? I want Al Micheals and Madden back.

You know, black QBs seem to get the worst of the Madden curse.

Goodbye Vince Young, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm sure you'll either be injured and never fully recover and bounce around horrible teams (culpepper) or injured almost every year (McNabb) or perhaps you'll participate in some terrible crime and everyone will hate you (Vick)

You know, black QBs seem to get the worst of the Madden curse.

Goodbye Vince Young, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm sure you'll either be injured and never fully recover and bounce around horrible teams (culpepper) or injured almost every year (McNabb) or perhaps you'll participate in some terrible crime and everyone will hate you (Vick)

Gamespot gave it a 8.5, said it was the best football game on the Next Gen systems. Its Madden, you know what you're getting and it looks like its going to deliver just as it does every year. Not going to blow you away and be praised as the greatest game ever, but it'll be far above average and a perfectly acceptable video game

Since I've yet to make the leap into the world of next-gen consoles, I'll be buying this for PS2 after I get paid Friday for sure. I don't think it would be possible for me to go a year without buying Madden as I would probably kill myself in-season for the sheer fact that whenever I watch football, I want to play it and thus, Madden. And for sure, I'm starting out with the 49ers to see how well my team does in the game, etc, etc. but I more than likely will move onto another typical bad team to try and turn it around, etc.

Edited by Rumors of War

I can't wait. I've been playing 07 on the Wii to get myself excited. I'm excited for the new Superstar mode thing where you can play some of the rookies. It should be better than playing some random guy :). Also, if the 'Madden Curse' gets Young it'll be so fucking scary. Everyone denies that it'll happen every year, and this year I honestly don't think it will happen. Mostly because voodoo gypsy shit is ridiculous to me.

But IF it happens, I don't see anyone jumping to the chance of being on the cover Madden 09 any time soon. <_<