Madden 08

Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy the game, even though it seems too easy on All-Pro (with my Buffalo Bills crushing Pittsburgh and Dallas already). The have made it easier to make the big pass, but easier to be picked off. You have to be careful.

The animations and graphics on the field are pretty good in the 360 version, its a very fluid game. You do seem to fumble a lot, but that could just be my rookie running back more then anything, or the fact that I keep trying to truck through people like Urlacher and Lewis.

Anyone played the Ps2 version . I'm thinking of renting it but I want to know if it's better than 06 ? are some of the new features from the 360 in the ps2 version. Specifically mid air tackles ?

How can they get uniforms wrong? That's inexcusable given they have the exclusive NFL license.

Thats a very good question. I realized for a team like the browns they might have an alternate thats all white, but that should really be the default away uniform. Same with the Rams, haven't check out all the alternates yet

What I ahte is when they make stuff up. Like the Bears in 07 had orange shirts with blue trousers, which we've never ever worn (the trousers were white). I'm too fussed about minor details such as a stripe or something being slightly out of place, because really when will you notice in game? But the basic fucking colours of the uniform should be spot on.

The game must be pretty good this year, everyone is only bitching about unis...

Personally I'm already addicted to it...happens every year. The only thing I have to complain about is the presentation, I can't stand that radio guy. Here's the call for the MNF crew, I think we can all agree we need more Tony Kornheiser.

I'm waiting till I have my Wii to buy it; but they fuck up uniforms every year. This is nothing new. I hardly played 07, but in 06 I remember the Rams had the wrong color pants. It sounds minor, but it really does annoy the fuck out of me.

That said, I think people criticize Madden too much. With the proper sliders (which it takes a ton of play to find them, and they do make a difference) I can get a great game out of it every year on All Madden.

I've generally no trouble with the gameplay, but when you sign exclusivity deals with the league you're representing in-game, you get the fucking uniforms right. And the ESPN thing, why not use it? Not everyone uses XBOX live to get their NFL scores, use ESPN for something sueful, like presentation, which is sorely lacking at the moment. Commentary really needs to be completely overhauled. And whoever is calling for the MNF crew should be shot. Theismann is awful and Kornheiser bugs me. They jsut don't talk about or analyse enough of the game going on. Get Jaws on there, he's awesome.

I got it yesterday for the PS3, and it's really fun, I like it a lot so far. But my question is, this is what I haven't heard about yet, and I know I should've, but what's up with the commentary? I go on to play a game, and all I get is the stupid play by play guy from the radio show. Isn't there something about Monday Night Football?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer to my problem. There is only local radio commentary for the home team. That's pretty cool I guess, because it creates a little bit of authenticity, there's 32 different radio commentaries (or so I'm told at least). Still, Madden and Michaels are the voice of Madden. I haven't heard MNF commentary yet, but I guess from what I'm hearing, it's not all that great. Oh well, that's really my only problem with the game so far is the commentary. Time to turn up that iPod then?

Edited by BFGTheFuture

My Bills franchise is going well. Marshaun Lynch is leading the way for Offensive Rookie of the Year, and seems to get near 100 yards rushing a game. Just played a pivotal game against the Dolphins, my last game against them, with my Bills, the Dolphins and the Patriots all tied for the division lead at 7-3 (if I remember correctly).

I beat the Dolphins, but it was very close. Came down to Ricky Manning (my only trade was to add a good corner to go along with McGee) intercepting a pass for a touchdown in the final minute, interrupting an amazing drive by the Dolphins where they only needed a field goal to win.

Now, with only a few games remaining, its between the Bills and the Patriots. I don't expect to win, but my next game is against the Browns. If I can get lucky and have the Patriots lose, I'll take the lead and hopefully will be able to hold out.

I've played 4 games on All Pro with INTs all the way down for both teams and there is usually at least 2 a game for each team if not more; throw in a few fumbles which also happen more then they should and you're looking at 7-8 turnovers a game. Other then that the gameplay is pretty good.

I'm really liking it this year for the PS2, some of the new animations are good . I've still got to get used to the weapons and such but it shouldn't take too long

See now I thought those teams changed their unis too, but then after looking at some preseason pictures and watching a bunch of games on NFL Network, it doesn't look like that is the case. Sad, cause I perfer the Browns all white uniform