Madden 08

Toe

I had originally planned on having a 360 by the time Madden came out, but I still see people complaining about it for 360, missing features and such, so I'll prolly just pick it up for the regular xbox.

The only complaint I seem to always have about Madden is how you never seem to max out on the cap. You can sign free agent after free agent and build a great team and still have cap room left over. At least in my experience. If I don't limit myself, it just ends up too easy in franchise mode sometimes.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a turnover bug, it's a complete philosophy change on defense. The defenders now try to strip the ball (they hardly ever did before), and they also use the Hit Stick a lot more frequently. Those two together mean the fumble rate goes sky-high for people (read: everyone) who weren't overly careful and playing "conservative" by using the Protect Ball feature, or stepping out of bounds, or diving/sliding...

Everyone says the Madden Curse won't affect the coverboy every year, and every year it does. Vince Young's already gotten into a fist fight with a teammate and has apparently broken some team rules. Lets be clear here, Madden Curse doesn't always have to be an injury, and this year we could just see Vince Young get into an odd amount of trouble and get suspended or something.

The Madden Curse delivers every year, just like the Madden game. That Curse it part of the mythos of the game, and you can write it off as a coincidence, but its pretty strange for this coincidence to happen every year to whoever's on the cover.

As for the game itself, I just picked it up and am throwing it in now..

Few gripes already, Cowboys' star on their helmets it way too big and they're for some reason defaulted to wear blue at home, thats borderline unforgivable

Edited by Maxx

Uniforms seem kind of off...The Browns have all brown pants for their away jerseys, last I checked they wore all white. Rams have white pants with their home uniform, I'm pretty sure they wear gold pants.

But there a couple alternate uniforms for each team so I can't complain too much

Uniforms seem kind of off...The Browns have all brown pants for their away jerseys, last I checked they wore all white. Rams have white pants with their home uniform, I'm pretty sure they wear gold pants.

But there a couple alternate uniforms for each team so I can't complain too much

My brother bought the game for PS2, and I'm a little disappointed with what I've seen so far. I knew that it wouldn't be as good as the next-gen versions, but it's pretty much exactly the same game as last year with updated rosters. I know that people pick on Madden for being too similar to the previous version all the time, but usually they at least add a few things every year. This year, for the PS2, there's hardly anything different.

Meh. They haven't added anything to Superstar mode or Franchise mode (at least on the PS2 version)? I think I may skip it, then.

I still wish they'd make it so you could use custom playbooks in Franchise. Because there's really no point in making your own team if you have to use an existing team's playbooks.