Madden 08

Toe

The Browns wear white pants on the road in real life. They're brown on the game (and look hideous). The Bears usually wear all white, certainly have the past few seasons, and blue on the odd occasion. I'm not saying it's wrong to include it, but the other options should be there too.

EDIT: Ok, quick check through the pictures on NFL.com and I seem to be msitaken regarding the Bears' away pants, they are indeed blue more often than not. The point remains though, there's similar errors like this for other teams, notably the Seahawks.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys playing on the 360? cuz I never noticed the Cowboys going over the hole on the PS3... I'll have to look closer next time... and yeah I read that wrong I thought he said that they wore all white... My bad on that.

I just got this off my leagues forum. Don't know where the exact report is on this, but it sure sucks... Exclusive til 2013... Damn it!

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Electronic Arts' Madden NFL franchise, so it's no small surprise that the established sports video game company has announced that it will be extending its licensing relationships with the National Football League and its players until the end of the 2012 NFL season.

The agreement signed encompasses all the rights for EA to use NFL teams, stadiums, and players for its critically acclaimed and best selling football video games under the EA Sports brand.

This agreement will last until the end of the NFL's 2012 season, which culminates in February 2013, and includes all aspects of interactive experience from console and handheld games as well as console-based online features.

EA Sports President Peter Moore had this to say regarding the rich history of the company and its dedication to delivering its the NFL franchise of games for gamers:

For nearly two decades, EA Sports has been bringing sports fans closer to the great game of football through the breakthrough interactive experiences of our videogames. Game quality is our top priority, and we’re committed to pushing our gameplay innovation, connecting football fans via rich online experiences and delivering the most visually stunning sports games on the market

Edited by Sacrafice540

Yes, I have the 360 version.

I really don't mind that EA has the exclusive license for that long. They do enough things right with the game they outnumber all the minor issues and improvements that could be made. Unless they make some drastically bad changes, I'll continue to buy the Madden games.

PS3 and 360 versions are virtually identical. Think the onyl difference is framerate.

And the exclusivity thing is bullshit, look at the best NFL games produced, Madden 05, and NFL 2k5. When there was more than one title, there was actually reason to improve the product, and for a while it happened. Then when EA got the exclusive, we got the glorified beta for a year/two years (depends how much you like 07), and we get lied to (Front Office MODE?!?! I think not). I wouldn't mind the exclusivity thing, but there's just enough fuckwits who'll take any semblance of throwing an oddly-shaped ball to a big bloke wrapped in plastic that they'll whack the £50 down without paying attention to the nuances of the game. They're going to buy it every year whether or not the Patriots wear pink or Ethan Albright has the coverage skills of Lester fucking Hayes.

PS3 and 360 versions are virtually identical. Think the onyl difference is framerate.

And the exclusivity thing is bullshit, look at the best NFL games produced, Madden 05, and NFL 2k5. When there was more than one title, there was actually reason to improve the product, and for a while it happened. Then when EA got the exclusive, we got the glorified beta for a year/two years (depends how much you like 07), and we get lied to (Front Office MODE?!?! I think not). I wouldn't mind the exclusivity thing, but there's just enough fuckwits who'll take any semblance of throwing an oddly-shaped ball to a big bloke wrapped in plastic that they'll whack the £50 down without paying attention to the nuances of the game. They're going to buy it every year whether or not the Patriots wear pink or Ethan Albright has the coverage skills of Lester fucking Hayes.

Me. :shifty:

You know...I never really got why people said NFL 2k5 was like the best football game ever. Now don't get me wrong...it was ok. It was certainly a good bargain ($20 at retail). But gameplay-wise, I think Madden was much better....although I'll give 2k5 the edge on presentation. The sweetest thing 2k sports had going for it was the half-time highlights. Granted, on the PS2, it was just pictures of the plays rather than video replay, but it was still awesome.

Actually if they could actually put some work into the presentation, that would certainly help Madden. Although truthfully one of the biggest things I'd like to see changed is roster management AI in Franchise mode. Back in the early versions, the team would load up on players based solely on their overall rating, and value a 20 year veteran rated 99 the same as a rookie rated 99. But then they tweaked it...and now the AI will release just about anyone over the age of 27 if their contract comes up. I've seen the Steelers release Big Ben after the 2007-2008 season (as an example)...which would never happen in real life. The Panthers seem to -always- release Julius Peppers after the first season...etc. A lot of times the teams do it without even having someone to replace their departing veteran.

And I think the reason this stuff doesn't get changed is because of the exclusivity. There is no game of football that comes close to Madden in revenue..so there's no competition.

Honestly, I think the best thing for 2k sports to do with their series (Now that the consoles have hard drives and such) is to release a game with 32 completely made up teams...in a completely made up league...but make the entire thing 100% customizable. That way their fans can still buy the game, play their game...and can create NFL mods which will basically make an NFL game without the NFL license. Exportable leagues would guarantee that this is an easy thing to do.

Just my two cents.

I always thought Madden topped 2k as well, what I'm saying is 2005 was the best year for both series (in my own opinion obviously). Agree with you 100% on AI roster management, it's horrific. In my franchise, Oakland has 6 quarterbacks, all 6 of which were drafted in the present year! And The Patriots have 6 quarterbacks too, with Byron Leftwich backing up Brady. And neither team has a fullback :/

They also need to fix IR, I don't think that's ever actually worked.

So it was. Maybe I'll learn to read quotes next time <_< My bad.

I really liked NCAA 07 on the original Xbox (best one since 2004, which I played the HELL out of), but I felt like Madden 06 was the best one they had. Anyone else feel like it's a three year cycle? One year is spectacular, great game, then two years of fucking around with extras and tweaks, and then they've got it down for year four?

• 7 months later...

I've started back playing 08 cause I didn't like 09 that much after renting and was wondering can I still get the last updated rosters for 08 if I go online with it the game via ps2 ?

if not is there another way to get the update ?