Superbad? More like...Super...Rad...

EndOfAnEra

This is the best comedy I've seen in years. Every character was awesome, and from the opening credits dance sequence straight to the end, everyone was laughing. It's the only movie I've seen that had the audience clapping along with the music while someone was dancing (pathetic, I know) and got a standing O at the end. Nothing was not funny, the dialogue was awesome, and McLovin was actually getting shoutouts during the movie. 10/10.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was possibly the funniest movie I have seen in my entire life! Going in I was skeptical, just, well, because with so much build up, you just expect it to not be as good. This one was hilarious, my stomach is actually hurting from laughing so much.

I thought the McLovin character was, by far, the funniest, although credit also has to go to his on-screen partners (trying to avoid spoilers ;) ).

I did notice, however, that the "McLovin? Sounds like a sexy cheeseburger" line from the previews didn't make the final cut, although I may have just been laughing so hard I missed it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, was there anything after the drawings in the ending credits with McLovin? None of my friends would stay until the end of the credits, and I didn't want to be sitting there alone in the theatre, cause everyone else left, too.

Edited by B-Rad

The sketches were defintaly great at the end of the movie, I didnt catch all of them since I was walking out but I was laughing at the ones that I saw.

The movie had sort of a Harold and Kumar feel to it and it was just a great movie. I also have to say that the dancing scene and the "aftermath" was incredibly gross but incredibly funny as well. The movie did have some more serious moments but it stayed funny throughout the whole thing.

Clearly the greatest movie ever fashioned by man. It was fucking hilarious. Good god almighty it was fucking hilarious. The back scratching part, the cock story, everything. George Michael was basically a more ramped up GM which was ridiculously funny. Fastest kid in the world.

I'm seeing it sometime next week when the girlfriend comes down. We were trying to figure out what movie to watch, and when I found the clip online about the dick drawings, and saw some of the other previews... the whole idea was set. I never thought the movie would be as good as people are saying.

I don't think it's out over here yet, but the trailers look awesome! I've also watched the scene about the dick-drawings, although I don't know if that was a deleted scene or if it actually made the final cut.

It made the final cut.

It was great, very funny, but not quite as good as I was hoping for. A good portion of the best bits are all used in the trailers, I can't imagine how much I would have laughed my ass off if the initial McLovin bit hadn't been in all the trailers. Since I've seen a trailer for it with just about every movie I've seen since Grindhouse, I was already worn out on a few of the jokes.

But aside from that, the movie was absolutely hilarious and well worth the price of admission. What I love best is, it's the perfect blend of the real awkwardness you experience in your high school years mixed with the over-the-topness of the best teen comedies. See it soon, it's much better with a packed house of people all laughing along with the movie.

Edited by Zero

In response to Zero.

The best parts were hardly used in the trailers I thought. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'VE GOT A BOOONNNNEEEER, Scratch my back, period blood, anything the cops did, I'm inside I'm inside, the laundry detergent, singing, Every Jonah Hill rant, the seemingly pedophile MySpace guy...those all beat out "Sounds like a sexy cheeseburger," which didn't even make the cut. I really thought they saved the best parts for the movie.
Edited by EndOfAnEra