D&D MSN...

Ruki

I would be down too.

I've only played a few times though, and I can't play super seriously. I don't see how anyone can play it really seriously when there are goblins and trolls. Anything with goblins and trolls.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for this idea actually getting responses!

So, who'd be willing to teach the noobs?

Judging from what people have said, the people who have little/no idea of how to play= Myself, The Kraig, DMN, Ruckus.

SO yeah....I'm ready to start playing as soon as tomorrow because I have no life.

Guest Basquiat

I'd be willing to help people pick it up. It's not terribly difficult, really. There's a lot of stuff, but everything generally functions on the same sort of principles--i.e., if you roll a 20-sided die to try to climb a cliff face, you'll roll the same 20-sided die to hit someone, to hide from someone, or to juggle grapefruits.

The 3.5 System Reference Documents are right here. This is a good place to start if you've never played before, but send me a private message sometime if you'd like to schedule a time to set up a character with me.

Alternatively, I could draw up a few basic level 1 characters for people to start with so they actually know how to play the game, then let you worry about making your own later.

My plan is to start up a full campaign pretty soon, either on MSN once or twice a week or in the Diary Cube. Both methods have their pros and cons, of course.

So let me know if you're still interested, and I'll help you get set up. If there's anyone else knowledgeable who wants to help out, too, that'd be terrific.

Well, I have a couple of books along with Vampire: Requiem ones (a game that'd be great to get running), so I have an understanding of things, but I've yet to get an actual DnD game going, so expect a couple of dumb questions. As to msn vs forum, depends on how its set up. A game like DnD would be best for msn, via forum it moves really slowly and there are people who would be impatient, along with the fact that it's not an rpg that can really be set up with as a freeform rpg, with multiple things happening. That's my 2 cents.

Edit: Is 4.0 not coming out next year?

Edited by Ruckus

I'm usually on at night here, as Basquiat found out last night. When it is evening here, in Australia it is the afternoon, so not a huge problem there. But unless I'm on during the afternoons I really won't be able to get much playing in with the Europeans...and me being on in the afternoons is going to be rare now with me going back to school.

Guest Basquiat

Okay, I'm adding everyone who expressed an interest in this thread to my MSN list. My handle is meetthebytemares@hotmail.com (Yeah, Ruki, it's a different one than the one I used last night). If you're still interested, you can get with me there as well, and I can help you learn the ropes.

Kou lies. 4th Edition will be strung out over May, June, and July of next year (releasing Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual, naturally). It will have heavy online content support with a subscription fee (the usual $14.95 per month) and is rumored to have a shift in tone and style favoring the success of MMOs like World of Warcraft and EverQuest.

:thumbsdown:

Let me know if you guys need any help with this. I don't have a LOT of free time, but I can pop in to answer a question or two. I'm a 50th level Dungeon Master.

:shifty:

If you do a forum one, let me know. Cursed east coast time zone with college class scheduling.

On that note, if there were a forum one out there I'm currently unaware of, would it be like, a one-topic thing, or would it be a huge all-encompassing forum with different sectors and threads and whatnot?