yourcodenameis:milo split

probablyoliver

YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO R.I.P

To All..

After 5 years and 4 wicked cool records, we have decided to put yourcodenameis:milo on an indefinate hiatus.

We are all exceptionally proud of all we have achieved as a band, but feel it is time to move on and explore new paths both musical and non musical.

We are eternally grateful to everyone who supported us through it all, came to the shows, bought the records...plus all the bands we played with and the people we met along the way.

We hope it meant as much to you as it did to us.

cheers for being there.

Justin, Paul, Adam, Ross, Shaun.

credit: myspace.

This is a damn shame, one of my favourite bands of the last few years. They had a really extensive schedule, they put out two records last year, had plans for two more this year, and they've not really taken any break from touring, so this burn-out was pretty inevitable. They were pretty interesting too, the album they put out last year, Print is Dead Vol. 1 was a colaboration album, with them working with guys like Reuben, Lethal Bizzle, Maximo Park, Tom Vek and Martin Grech, and they'd planned for the second volume to be released this summer. Guess we won't be hearing that. :crying:

RIP milo, you will be missed. =[

I really wanted to buy Print Is Dead, because the whole collaboration thing really sounded cool to me. I figured before I got that, I'd get the other stuff first, you know, get into YCNIM, so I appreciated the Print album more... I bought All Roads to Fault, and Ignoto... and I listened to them both, all the way through... and I really didn't like them. I was gutted. I've never been so disapointed about not liking a band before. It's a shame they broke up, because any band so open to collaboration like that is good in my book... I just didn't like the music.

:(

I will say now Keith, that Ignoto and ARLTF are so far attached from the stuff from last year (Print is Dead and They Came From The Sun). Their old stuff is extremely experimental, very clashy and all round different to the band that they molded into last year. I think it was their drummer that left, being replaced by Shaun, and around that time their sound (and shows) became a lot different. I know a lot of people who love milo, yet hate the early stuff.

I'd suggest listening to Print is Dead before losing all hope, because it truly is a different sound, and a great one at that.

Helped obviously by the aceness of Hot Club de Paris.

This is a pity though, I've been getting behind NE bands recently and Print is Dead was cool as fuck. Haven't Field Music split too? All we need now are Dartz and Motorettes and I'll actually cry.