1. USC

2. LSU

3. California

4. Ohio State

5. Boston College

6. Wisconsin

7. Kentucky

8. South Florida

Herbstreit needs his AP vote revoked. Reason? He has Oregon going from 12th to 5th after losing.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon not drop very far. At least, they lost a close game to another good team. Texas and Rutgers should both fall below them.

But yes, placing them seven spots up after a loss is a sure sign of habitual crack abuse, no matter how good of a game it was.

Also considering the others have significant wins while being undefeated in power conferences right now. I have no problem moving them up to #9 or so, but putting them #5 over the other undefeateds is quite the retardation. Three of my top eight are guaranteed to lose because they play each other anyway.

New Coaches Top25...

USA Today

1. USC (45)

2. LSU (14)

3. California

4. Ohio State (1)

5. Wisconsin

6. Boston College

7. Florida

8. Kentucky

9. South Florida

10. Oklahoma

11. Georgia

12. West Virginia

13. Oregon

14. Virginia Tech

15. Hawaii

16. Texas

17. Missouri

18. South Carolina

19. Arizona State

20. Purdue

21. Rutgers

22. Clemson

23. Nebraska

24. Cincinnati

25. UCLA

Not sure why Florida gets special treatment and doesn't fall below Kentucky or South Florida like the others... whatever.

AP Top 25

1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593

2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591

3. California 5-0 1,475

4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420

5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271

6. South Florida 4-0 1,203

7. Boston College 5-0 1,172

8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143

9. Florida 4-1 1,031

10. Oklahoma 4-1 992

11. South Carolina 4-1 900

12. Georgia 4-1 885

13. West Virginia 4-1 861

14. Oregon 4-1 837

15. Virginia Tech 4-1 639

16. Hawaii 5-0 586

17. Missouri 4-0 561

18. Arizona State 5-0 497

19. Texas 4-1 449

20. Cincinnati 5-0 377

21. Rutgers 3-1 299

22. Clemson 4-1 265

23. Purdue 5-0 218

24. Kansas State 3-1 214

25. Nebraska 4-1 198

credit ESPN.com

LSU leapfrogs USC by two points in the AP Poll. I have no problems with that seeing how USC had a lot of trouble with Washington while LSU cruised past Tulane. Surprised to see South Florida jump 12 spots by beating West Virginia but good for the Bulls, probably the last Florida team you would've expected in the Top 10. Lord I can't wait for USC-Cal on Nov. 11th.

The AP poll is a joke (not this current listing) but in the past especially during the BCS the media deliberatly tried to sabotage the system to get a playoff. You can tell from their final weeks voting most of the time. I trust the coaches poll more than most although I don't agree with Florida being above Kentucky and South Florida. Not to mention people questioned it last year with Florida #2, well they proved it correct as OSU and Michigan took a royal beating.

I don't know if it proved anything other then Michigan was a deflated team, and Ohio State had a young D. Neither team were as bad as they showed in that game. but to this year news.

I don't trust the coaches poll in anything. Especically when it comes to all American voting. ( check Beamer of VT) Ap pols have them problems as well. There is really no good poll for once you get to the top 15 or so.

Polls have generally been correct, and the whole thing with the BCS is to put the top 2 teams against each other. And don't kid yourself they got it right. Michigan had a lot to prove, if they beat USC then they could show why they were the #2, and OSU was still playing another team for the title and got molested. It proved that Florida earned their way to that title game.

People give a lot of crap to the computers, but I like the computers. It takes that human element out of it. AP Voters are regional and you'll see regional guys deliberatly give votes to their teams regardless, and Coaches do the same for their teams a lot of the times, but they are more fair about it. Whereas the computer takes in to account strength of schedule, wins, losses, etc. and puts it there. And those against the computers always forget to mention that its still 2/3 human to determine the BCS. But don't get me started on the media wanting and the public playing into their hands of a playoff, especially an eight team playoff that is a total sham and pile of garbage.

I don't want an eight team tournament. I want a 16 team tournament. I believe there are usually 16 teams out there that could beat any other team at the end of the year. Each team has weaknesses, and a tourney just seems to be more fun. College football is the only sport at any level that don't have a tournment. I think Ohio State would of beat USC, I think Michigan gets drummed by Florida, and Michigan would beat Ohio state. This all in the context of last year, but then again, just what I thought. Football is all match ups. I know it is at the high school level, and as the upsets prove it is at the college level too. The parity is too much to not get a tourney in the next 15 years or so. again, just my thoughts on it.

I think that statement is stupid, not that you are stupid, dont want to start a fight. But I heard it a lot latly. A season is just that, a season. I use the examples of other sports, but football at the high school and pro level decide that. I think there will be two one loss teams in the title game this year. if not more out there. How do you decide there. To lose shouldn't absolutely kill your shot. As it does now. Good teams who overlooked a team, or had close games(notice thats not my Michigan ha) but those teams shouldn't get screwed out of a shot at a title. The Season sets up the playoffs in every other level of football and every other sport.

The season is a tournament. It's excellent this way and it provides the atmosphere in college football week in and week out as a live or die feeling. Out of those 16 teams you want in a tournament the majority will have 2 or more losses and will have played each other in conferences, that's why they have conferences to begin with. Why should a two loss, 3rd place conference team get a shot for the national championship? They shouldn't. Like last year there were only two teams that had a claim for the #2 spot, and the BCS got it correct and it was proved correct by the bowl games. There has only ever been one year, imo (people bring up the LSU title year but lets face it LSU/OU lost to ranked teams for their loss and USC lost to an unranked team end of story.), where it got it wrong and that was when Auburn was left out. But there were four undefeateds that year (Utah being the 4th), that is why they should only do ONE thing. A year-by-year basis of a +1 game. If there are 2 undefeateds, no extra game. Like last year, no extra game, why penalise Ohio State for going undefeated making them play a team that has no right for a national title? The only time they should have a +1 is with 3 undefeateds or 4, the chances of 5 undefeateds is next to impossible and in most cases would be two mid-majors. There should not be a four team playoff every year, there should definatly not be an eight team playoff, and for the love of all things a sixteen team playoff is a simply astonishingly bad idea. And the people that were big on the eight team playoff last year thought it'd work by rankings, yeah fat chance, it'd be 6 conference champs and two at larges, where you have a team like Wake Forest going for a national championship, which is moronic.

if these teams have no right to go for a title, then the number one team in the nation should walk right over them right. with that analogy, the nfl is whoever has the best record at the end of the season. College football is showing this year, that there is way too much parity in football to not have at least an eight team tournament (not huge fan of) And now we have way to many what ifs for mid majors. When one of those teams come up and win there bowl game and finish undefeated, your saying they have no right to have a shot at the national title. With the way things are set up right now, they can go undefeated and not even sniff the championship game. Even if they beat rank opponent, and then go beat a quality team in a bowl game. (Boise State) And I hear bout them running a bunch of trick plays and they didn't earn that victory, but the fact is, they won. They proved they could play with the big boys, but there season ended undefeated, and no national title. Whats wrong with that. At least a tournament would give a team like that a chance to compete, to see if they truly are one of the best in the country. not to mention a team that stumbles early. Or overlook late. Take Florida. They probably lose out and have really nothing to play for the rest of the season. To call the season a playoff is the worst thing for College football. No other league in the world, ask you to go undefeated, or you don't get a shot at the title in some way. None. Why does college football have to be any different.

Fact is, a eight or sixteeen team tournament is a horrible, atrocious idea. Those other teams at the end of the season don't deserve a shot at the National Championship, end of story. I don't see how you can make a case for those other teams at all. Using last years rankings, taking OSU/Florida/Mich out of it, let's let two loss teams like LSU and USC into it even though they did not earn the right. Even further, what about the medicore Wake Forest? Oh wait, what about Notre Dame, yeah they earned it. No they didn't and it's a fucking disgrace to the game if you allow them a shot. It's what makes college football special. They don't give a 3 or 4 loss team a chance to call themselves the best in the nation, because they aren't. Those two teams at the top did earn their right. And I didn't even bring up Boise State so I don't see why you brought them up. To me, they didn't earn it last year because they don't play anyone, not their fault entirely (although they could schedule tougher), and yes they beat Oklahoma. Congrats. They still got rewarded with a BCS bowl game but no one outside of tournament lobbiest really thought they should have a seat beside Ohio State in the title game or stand alongside Florida as co-champs. I have my own thoughts on their game against OU, and I give them all the credit in the world, but I have a feeling it would have been a different game if OU didn't come into that game with the troubles they had. But BSU stood there, won the game, and finished the season 6th a great feat for them. To me they didn't earn a shot at the national championship. And we should not go to a tournament to include them, because at the very least of an argument you are giving 5 other teams that do not deserve a shot their chance to claim a championship they didn't earn. If they deserved it, they would have come to play during the regular season.

Edited by ACCBiggz

how often are 4 lost teams in top 16,or even three. Take a conference like the sec, they got at least three teams that could beat another top team in the nation on any given day. Pac ten too. Big ten has three, but they are weaker, so i only put one or two in. Regardless, you gave me idea for your site, actually be a good point counterpoint haha. I want a tournament though, I think there are more then two teams, four teams, 8 teams, 12, teams or even 16 teams in a tournment.

how often are 4 lost teams in top 16,or even three. Take a conference like the sec, they got at least three teams that could beat another top team in the nation on any given day. Pac ten too. Big ten has three, but they are weaker, so i only put one or two in. Regardless, you gave me idea for your site, actually be a good point counterpoint haha. I want a tournament though, I think there are more then two teams, four teams, 8 teams, 12, teams or even 16 teams in a tournment.

Michigan is one of the best teams in the nation against anything other the a spread offense, we don't match up to that. So, if we were to fine an Oregon, again, they would do the same thing. But, if a team don't run a spread, Michigan can play with the best in the nation. Florida would kill us, but plenty of others wouldn't. I want that match up to be a part of the national title hunt. I want a team to have to adjust week by week in the tournament, and not in the season. College football is unique because there is always one section of fans, players, or the whole country in some cases that are just pissed off because they have no chance. I want to see the best teams adjust, and learn to play against something other then the usual. There always cupcakes in conferences, I'm not asking for a massive 60 some team tournament, that would be stupid. but any other sport ends with a playoff, why not one of the most poplour in the country.

Fact is, a eight or sixteeen team tournament is a horrible, atrocious idea. Those other teams at the end of the season don't deserve a shot at the National Championship, end of story. I don't see how you can make a case for those other teams at all. Using last years rankings, taking OSU/Florida/Mich out of it, let's let two loss teams like LSU and USC into it even though they did not earn the right. Even further, what about the medicore Wake Forest? Oh wait, what about Notre Dame, yeah they earned it. No they didn't and it's a fucking disgrace to the game if you allow them a shot. It's what makes college football special. They don't give a 3 or 4 loss team a chance to call themselves the best in the nation, because they aren't. Those two teams at the top did earn their right. And I didn't even bring up Boise State so I don't see why you brought them up. To me, they didn't earn it last year because they don't play anyone, not their fault entirely (although they could schedule tougher), and yes they beat Oklahoma. Congrats. They still got rewarded with a BCS bowl game but no one outside of tournament lobbiest really thought they should have a seat beside Ohio State in the title game or stand alongside Florida as co-champs. I have my own thoughts on their game against OU, and I give them all the credit in the world, but I have a feeling it would have been a different game if OU didn't come into that game with the troubles they had. But BSU stood there, won the game, and finished the season 6th a great feat for them. To me they didn't earn a shot at the national championship. And we should not go to a tournament to include them, because at the very least of an argument you are giving 5 other teams that do not deserve a shot their chance to claim a championship they didn't earn. If they deserved it, they would have come to play during the regular season.
Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah