Official 2007 NCAA Football Season

ACCBiggz

I can root for most big ten teams, and the year that ohio state won it, I found myself rooting for them. But I also despised Miami so i was like what the hell. but now, I whether see LSU kick the living dog shit out of ohio state, but i got a gut feeling they wont.

That was a hell of a game. It was as good as any 1-A game this year. Delaware has now knocked off the #1 and #4 ranked teams in the playoffs. All they have to do to win the National Title is beat the two time defending champions. but you know, playoffs don't make good TV ...........

now to sit back and watch GVS and NWMST in D2.

wow, there was some great playoff football yesterday. The Delaware/SIU game was great and it sets up a hell of a national title game for 1-AA.

In Division 3, Mary Hardin Baylor damn near got to the title game again, but we'll be seeing UW Whitewater and Mount Union for the third year in a row.

D2 has finally seen GVS go down. NWMST finally breaks through the barrier (and GV's 40 game win streak) and they'll play always good Valdosta St.

I can't wait for next weekend so I can watch THREE TRUE national title games.

Schnelly and the FAU Owls are a pretty well kept secret in college football. That's why. EVERYONE figured that Troy would roll the conference, but FAU beat them in the last game of the year for the conference title. People just aren't aware that Schnelly has had the Owls on a steady incline for like 5 years now. They play pretty good ball down there.

People are merely looking at the fact that Memphis finished the season with the same record but did it in a 'better' conference. They played better opponnets than FAU did, and came out even in the W/L columns. Of course, the games between Memphis and Ark St and FAU and Ark St were virtually the same game. 34-31 and 35-31. That barely tells you anything at all. Against MTSU Memphis flat out blew chunks, while FAU played them in the first game of the season and won by two scores. No one really has anything to go on other than .... what they knew BEFORE this year. That's why Memphis is the popular pick.

For the record, I have FAU in my bowl mania picks.

(just to note, of FAU's five losses, THREE were to ranked teams, and one to OK St)

I can't remember if I picked FAU over Memphis, but, honestly, no one expected Memphis to make a bowl game anyway, so its win-win. I still can't believe FAU beat Troy though, Troy is awesome, and my favorite Sun Belt team. Too bad they run the shitty spread option :(

I'm all about FAU, a bit of bias though I'll be honest. They have only had a football program since 2001, it's awesome to see that they've built it up this much so quickly.

Of course now I'll go back and look at my picks and see that I bolded Memphis of course. Don't know what I was thinking if that happens to be the case.

Edit - Haha, and I actually did pick Memphis.

Edited by damshow

LOL... you talk shit about Da U, but say that FIU and FAU are playing good football? I like Schnellenberger as much as anyone, the man can build a program, but Miami, for as lackluster as they were this year and the last few years by their standards, would wipe the floor with either of those two programs.

Wasn't really talking shit about them, just a fact. They're not as talented as they've been. And this last year was lackluster by the standards of any big program. Couldn't find the score for the game 2 years ago, but this year it was 23-9...hardly wiping the floor with them. And FIU was competitive against some of the better schools they played. No one is saying (I'm certainly not) that they'll be winning national championships, doesn't mean they aren't playing well.

I concur. But I think there's also a lack of playmakers at the skill positions. I thought it was hilarious how everyone down here was talking about how talented they were when they beat FSU I believe, but when they lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, the excuse on all the talk shows was that they lacked talent. How convenient.