Recommend Me Some Good Rock Music

slain

Hey everyone. I'm a tad bored with my music at the moment (which happens every year or so before school starts, but then I get back into it). I need you guys to recommend me some good rock music. I like stuff like Dave Matthews Band, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Clutch, Breaking Benjamin, etc. Thanks everyone.

Depends on what styles you like. I have a habit of name-checking popular bands

'Pop' Rock

Foo Fighters, RHCP, Muse (which might lead you to Radiohead but that might be too light for your tastes)

Prog Rock

King Crimson, Pink Floyd (Try the Wall and Meddle for rock), Yes

Blues Rock

GNR, Metallica (Load, ReLoad), Black Sabbath (first 4/5 albums), Hendrix (of course), Soundgarden, System of a Down

Heavy Metal

Metallica (all other), Pantera, Slayer, Anthrax, Fightstar, Megadeth, Bullet for My Valentine, Motorhead,

Insane Speed Metal

Dragonforce... cant think of any more at the moment

Some I can't catagorise at the moment:

Judas Priest (Breaking the Law FTW), Deep Purple (Check out Highway Star), Nine Inch Nails (Downward Spiral is amazing AND heavy), Queens of the Stone Age...

If you like Led Zep then there are several bands that try to copy the sound, some turning out to be pretty good: The Stone Roses album 'Second Coming' is very bluesy with slide guitar and whatnot, so is Rebel Meets Rebel (Dimebag Darrells country metal)

I'll think of some more soon enough but you will have heard of most of these, those you havent CHECK OUT!

I concur with The General on his recommendation of Motorhead. In my humble opinion, Motorhead is the epitome of rock and roll. Fast, loud, gritty, and all-around punishing to listen to.

I've always thought Johnny Thunders personified rock and roll to me as well, get his album L.A.M.F. for proof of this.

The Ramones are always a favorite for the rock and roll fan.

If you can, try and get a hold of Taproot's "Blue Sky Research" album. Quite heavy at parts and lots of melodic bits, but mostly just straight up rock...well worth checking out.

If you're looking for something a bit heavier, anything by Black Label Society would be a start (their latest material seems to be a lot more bland/radio friendly...it's still decent, just nothing on their older stuff).

Edited by Bloodbath