Women's World Cup 07

Lowerdeck

I caught a little bit of the Women's World Cup today. Was kind of hard going back and forth between 2 games, that and the fact the first game starts at 5 am and the second at 8 am. (Thanks to being in China, and live)

Anyhoo... some pretty exciting games today. The United States fell behind North Korea (wtf?) and got a 2-2 draw. Nigeria came from behind with a goal to tie Sweden, so this group is all tied up.

Then we got Japan who tied up England on the very last play of the game... a free kick which sailed into the back corner at the end of stoppage time.

And oh yeah, Germany bitchslapped the Argies 11 nil. Ouch.

Anyone else watching this?

But, and I don't mean to be sexist, women's football is immensely poor, I'll only catch what I see at the bookies I work for.

Meh, it's not that bad.

The goalkeeping is atrocious, and the finishing on the whole is poor. Other than that, it isn't too bad, but admittedly, I've gone to see live women's football, and it is horrendously bad in comparison to the male game. Other sports, women can mix it up with the men, but football isn't one of them.

But, and I don't mean to be sexist, women's football is immensely poor, I'll only catch what I see at the bookies I work for.

Meh, it's not that bad.

The goalkeeping is atrocious, and the finishing on the whole is poor. Other than that, it isn't too bad, but admittedly, I've gone to see live women's football, and it is horrendously bad in comparison to the male game. Other sports, women can mix it up with the men, but football isn't one of them.

To be fair, they aren't as tall as male goalkeepers and not as agile. They do the best they can. Last Saturday I was at a game and there were several nice saves made.

Same game last Sat, pretty exciting at times. Two top 25 ranked colleges in Division 3, one being the place I graduated from. My school's side has shit midfielders now, or at least couldn't handle this other team's midfield constantly attacking them both sides the ball. But hell, that's any game or either gender... you can pick a weaker side and a stronger side and how well they play. Just got to mentally adjust accordingly.

Meh, it's not that bad.

Like which one(s)? Women's sports are always lame in comparison to the men's version.

To be honest, I was just being nice about womens sports. I guess Women's Athletics can give the same thrills as men, and at a stretch, Tennis. But meh.

Meh, it's not that bad.

To be fair, they aren't as tall as male goalkeepers and not as agile. They do the best they can. Last Saturday I was at a game and there were several nice saves made.

I guess my problem with the keepers is that, with other players on the pitch, I can see the skills that, although relatively poor compared to the males, are good enough. With the keepers, there hasn't been a female keeper that I feel is decent skill wise, personally.

You know what else the Ghanian keeper has? Four goals past her :lol:

Good to see the Matildas get their first ever World Cup win in such emphatic style. A 4-1 win is a great start to their first World Cup campaign as an Asian qualifier.

I watched England/Germany this afternoon as well. Well, the second half. Well, half of the second half, it was rubbish. The Germans had a freekick from about twenty yards out, it almost failed to reach the keeper, the control and passing game was Sunday League level at times. Atrocious. And the commentators were going on like they were playing a good game(!)

Meh, it's not that bad.

Like which one(s)? Women's sports are always lame in comparison to the men's version.

Beach Volleyball