Prison Break Season 3 Thread

Zaz

Poor Sara :(

Think about her in Season 1, then think about her head in a damn box =/

But, I'm finding this season really cool so far. The in-prison stuff is awesome whist the out-of-prison stuff is helping the show progress (like the first season). The characters are great and you can feel the in-prison stuff is all going to come together sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they're breaking out of prison MIGHTY early this season! We're at episode, what, 5? 6?? Already they're breaking out? Each season is 22 episodes, so that means if they succeed this early in getting out of SONA, then the rest of the season is Scofield going for REVENGE!! This episode was good, new guy coming in to add to "Who is Whistler" drama, Burrows finally opening up to Whistler's girlfriend, original breakout plans being screwed up.

In two weeks, the two hour special looks like it is going to be exciting. I just wonder who all they are going to have break out with Scofield and Whistler? I can see Mahone, Bellick, new guy who knows Whistler, young 17 year old guy all breaking out, but then what of T-Bag?

Spoilers about Fox's rumored plan with this season:

Rumor is this is going to definitely be the last season. Ratings have fallen, and Fox has decided to put the show on hiatus from January to April again to test The Sarah Conner Files. If that does well, Prison Break is being moved from Monday nights to another night in April. If Sarah Conner Files doesn't do well, Prison Break will be back sooner.

Okay the good news is that Prison Break has gotten slightly better in the past few weeks, even though it still ranks third in the timeslot in my mind. The bad news is this. Although hey, at least I suppose there's no way this one turns out a sausage fest.

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you guys think of the 2 hour special?

Honestly, I think these two episodes just made this season. I know how so many people have been dwelling on the fact Sara was killed, but they had no choice. What were they going to do if SWC didn't want to come back. It was the only way to settle things, by killing her. Anyway, back to these two episodes. It was a very good build up to the escape and what just made the season totally for me was the ending of the first episode. They reaction of Michael was perfect when he found out about Sara. Then seeing him scream at Whistler was amazingly throwing down the gauntlet only to perfect their plan.

Everyone knew the escape wasn't going to happen, but just thinking, how good of planning is that being during the broad daylight. Then the second episode mainly around Whistler and Michael fighting while Linc tries to rescue his kid with Sofia turning on Linc. So many twists and turns it was unbelievable. And it ends by us finding out Whistler is with Susan/Gretchen! Just gets more and more interesting. Plus, Mahone is just ace acting like a paranoid crazy man without his drugs.

These two episodes are definitely the two best this season and it can very well make up for the fact of Sara getting killed off for those still dwelling on that fact. Can't wait until next week as Pad Man is back of what is seen in the preview and Whistler gets word to kill Michael. Man things seem to be getting better and better.

She was going to come back. Her decision not to return was made because she was told they were going to kill her off. This only made it happen sooner.

I dunno, I got to the end of the first hour (which was terrible, by the way) and thought "another hour of this shit?" The second hour started off great, and Bellick was the best part of the episode, but they go the "Lincoln gets another chance" route for the 20th time, extend the time spent inside the ridiculously disappointing SONA after teasing an end and end with a "swerve" that any assuming viewer would have considered to have about 50/50 odds. Don't get me wrong, I think the two-hours left them with more places to go than before, but the time spent getting there was so up and down it was hard not to get vertigo. At this point I think I'd just quit watching if I hadn't already invested 2 seasons into it.

Oh and Ringo made a good point last night. Where the fuck did those scientists from the end of season 2 go? That end sequence alone made me think this year would be better. One would certainly hope that's a cliffhanger they're going to resolve this season, and hopefully they did so before the strike began.

The first episode was good, especially the ending but I am sure it most likely is just a set up to get people to get ready for something since there will be no soccer to wait for. I also liked how Mahone just screwed himself over by taking the deal and getting eight years in jail in the US instead of potentially escaping like he really wanted to do in fear of getting killed by Lechero.

And the second episode started off like I had expected with Michael doing this to set it all up. And Lechero now working with Michael to get out should be interesting.

Well, being the Prison Break enthusiast that I am, they can do no wrong in my world. Granted, there have been some "slow" episodes, but it's all character progression, dammit!

Anyway, I thought it was AWESOME! Unfortunately, they are running together in my head, so I don't know what happened in episode 1 and episode 2, but DAMN was it good! New guy getting killed and Whistler getting blamed for it was class. The question is, though, who really killed him? Are we going to find out or are they just going to leave us to think about it? I think it WAS Whistler, simply because the guy knew something about him he didn't want him to.

Mahone's whole deal thing is genius, I tell you, genius! He is freaking out, and it's making US freak out, simply because we are with his character. I am just as paranoid as him, thinking it's a setup for the Company! However, I have a feeling that them having talked it down to 4 years will keep him going, unless he goes berserk and kills himself and everyone else.

Burrows and Sofia's stuff together is good, I think. Having gone back and watched season 1 again, MAN has Purcell grown as an actor. Seriously, some of his scenes in the first season were hard to watch, but last season and now this season is just showing how much he has grown. The whole LJ thing is running it's course, though. We know he's going to get killed (unless Fox says they don't want a 16 year old brutally murdered, which is possible), so they are just prolonging it until the mid-season break, I think. Was very clever (also, very unrealistic, but meh) how Burrows noticed the three body-bags that just so happened to fall out of the van after the accident. Now Burrows knows that Susan cannot be trusted, but at the same time, he has to trust her to get LJ back. I guess I'm kinda torn on LJ, then, because it's giving us some good stuff.

Am I the only one who thinks Susan is creepy? She has bi-polar tendencies, one second having the "happy tone" in her voice, the next "gonna kill you" tone. It's just creepy...

Lechero, now THERE is a story line that is picking up. Guard comes in and gives away all of his secrets, and now no one inside the prison trusts him. How great is that? Very good way of getting him in on the breakout, I think.

Another good thing about Lechero, is that now T-Bag seems like he is going to have more of a roll than just lackey this season, finally. Did you see the look on his face when the guard said he should have put someone else in charge? He did that thing with his tongue he always does. The only problem?

Sammy is turning into a great character. He always looks like he is just in the background, but at the same time he is playing important rolls. Stealing Lechero's cigars, and then giving them to long haired lackey just shows that he is way more of an important player than they are making him out to be. I can see him going after Lechero's spot, too, not to mention his little sibling-like-fights with T-Bag have been quite entertaining.

I called Whistler being a member of the company at the beginning of the season, seriously. Right away I thought "why would the company send someone to break him out if he is going to rot in the prison anyway", so I thought it was common sense. Not to mention the fact, he knows Susan's name is Gretchen...what's going on there? And does that mean Sofia and Lincoln are going to hook up, now that we know...arrrghh, too many questions!!!

That brings me to Scofield...and I have a problem. I can not take him seriously when he is sad and distressed. When he learned Sara died, ok, the sad walk back to the prison was good, but the crying was horrible, as was his calling out Whistler, in my opinion. The look on Whistler's face was more "are you kidding me" than "what the hell are you doing" type of thing, just because it was so over the top. I'm all for over-the-topness, I watch this show for goodness sake, but I just didn't like that. Other than that, what, 20 minute interval, I thought everything else he did was good.

All-in-all, DEFINITELY got me more excited for this season than I have been. Before it was "meh, I'll catch it next week", now its "5 days?? How will I survive?!?" (deja vu, I said something like that before in this thread.)

I agree; these last couple of episodes have really recharged the batteries and the life into this season in my opinion. Sucre is a crazy bastard; I had a weird feeling that he might have died there but thankfully he didn't. Mahone's paranoid character just keeps getting better and better and like B-Rad said I find myself being paranoid with him as well. Bellick almost sounded human after all the stuff he's done the past two season when he was talking about Sarah. I still don't think T-Bag has had enough time but I've got a feeling with all the Lechero stuff going down this week that T-Bag's business is fixing to pick up.

ARRRGH, I hate mid-season hiatus! Granted, it's better than it WAS going to be (2 or 3 more episodes, then hiatus until April), but ARGHHH!! I'm glad it's coming back in January instead, one of the few good things about the writers guild strike, cause they are postponing 24.

Episode was good, I feel bad for Mahone :( As for the brothers, I don't understand why LJ is still alive, as sad as it sounds. Since Scofield is no longer needed, they can get rid of LJ. However, now that Whistler is stuck in Sona still, I guess they still kind of do...although, they don't, cause now it looks like Scofield is being transferred prisons.

What will happen with Lechero, T-Bag, Whistler, Bellick, and Mahone?? Man, I hate waiting...guess I don't have a choice.

I actually enjoyed this week's episode. All bets are off, and finally things are happening. I hope they don't get rid of Susan, since she's pretty much the best character they've introduced since Mahone. What the show really needed was a change to shock it out of its own reticent comfort, and they did that. At least now I can look forward to where they go from here.