The Spectacular Spider-Man

MalaCloudy Black

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.1444.S...Trailer__Poster

Greg Weisman of Gargoyles fame is writing, directing and producing this and the trailer looks good. I hope this show is good. I'm not TOO thrilled with the animation style, though, because it seems like every other cartoon on Kids WB utilizes it and it never looks "right". Like seeing The Batman or Legion of Super-Heroes in that style, it's just a bit offputting.

Edited by Cloudy

The animation style reminds me of the The Batman (IE: really bad) and the costume doesn't even looked webbed...just looks like they've stuck some random lines and squares on it. Meh, might end up watching it when it comes here for the sole reason that it's Spidey.

I like The Batman. :( Well, what I've seen. Which is only The Joining w/ Martian Manhunter. Animation didn't look terrible in that. I mean, The Batman's style looks a HELL of a lot better compared to crap like Eon Kid and Scooby Doo Get A Clue and Skunk Fu.

Edited by Cloud In Black

I'm not too pressed about the animation style, but the colour palette puts me off a little. The colours look a little too... bland. I don't think that's the word I'm looking for, but the colours are all rather dull.

However, if the guy that did Gargoyles is doing this then I'll inevitably watch. I started thinking about Gargoyles recently, and how much I miss it. I wish it was still shown in Aus. :(

• 7 months later...

So.. is anyone watching this? I got over my initial apprehensions about the animation style, and it's not a bad show. It's certainly no Spider-Man TAS in terms of quality, but it's not something that I would call a blight to the Spider-Man name either. Seems to be based on a mix of both the Ultimate and regular Spider-Man, what with Eddie Brock being Peter's friend and colleague. They're even tackling Harry's drug addiction (sort of), what with having him be addicted to a serum called "Globulin Green" that turns him into the Green Goblin and leaves him unaware of it after the serum wears off every night.

Like I said, though. It's not really bad or anything. I've got it on my TiVo, but the Spider-Man TAS is still the priority >_>

Edited by Cloudy