Pro Evo 2008 demo online

Crybaby Bunting

I'm up to 7% after a few mins, quite looking forward to trying it, not sure when i'll get it though, don't wanna pay £40 for it. Hopefully it will become cheaper second hand soon after.

Diving, according to the controls, is Left Bumper + Left Trigger + Right Bumper, yet to try it.

Think the demo allows for local multiplayer.

Now for my thoughts. Definately differentm seems a lot slicker. It's hard for me to guage my thoughs on gameplay since it's stuck on a closer camera, I prefer wide. This seems ok though.

lol, yellow card. There's a lot of nice little touches, some are annoying though. Playing to the whistle is ok if you're close to goal but it will get very tedious in your own box or like on the half way line.

Oh yeah, my first game was Portugal 2-2 Turkey on regular difficulty. They took the lead with Sukur after a corner but Chrissy Ronaldo took us into the lead after a sweet half volley. Then some slack defending let them equalise in the last seconds. Bah.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Bwahahahaha, playing as Spain vs France and I had Silva down the left. Deceided i'd try for a dive so I went for it. Unfortunately I timed it wrong and the defender seemed to be backing off, thus weakening my case...or so I thought.

The defending player started waving his arms wildly and the ref ran up and issued a card. The pop up confirmed it, yellow card for Ribery. Penalty. Chuss!

Fucking missed the pen. Fucking poetic justice. :thumbsdown:

Ha! Now playing as Portugal again and Chrissy Ronaldo just recieved a pass and as he went to started a dribble he knocked the ball behind his right foot with his left. Cool.

I've decided that winning pens by diving is far more fun that it has any right to be. It deserves it's own achivement.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

I've played a three games now, and in two of those games one of my defenders decided to randomly foul someone in the box, conceding a penalty. Speaking of which, what's up with the camera angle on penalties? I don't see how it's supposed to be an improvement.

I'm undecided on the demo, 5 minute matches are shit anyway.

Nice to see they've improved the booking system, now I can get sent off for a brutal two footed tackle in the middle of the pitch instead of the usual yellow card and a sympathetic commentry.

The matches flow a lot better now as well, like with last year not needing loading times for throw-ins we now hardly see any black loading screens for even a second.

Crossing seems to work a lot better now aswell, even though its more cpu assisted i actually stand a chance of crossing to the guy i want with world class players. Either that or i've just realised what LB and RB do <_<

Goals dont seem to be as spectacular as PES6 tho, even my awesome shots from 20 yards away dont seem as... good as last year, the crowd doesn't really react as much as i thought it would

EDIT: And i take back everything i said, It's impossible to win from 3* settings

Edited by The General

Turkey is an obscure team to put on the demo. Guess them's my whipping boys until the game comes out. I don't know what to think, as its obviously not a final version of the game and won't have the same slickness, smoothness etc. Its OK so far. I tried diving once and got booked.