Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Matt

Just "purchased" this album, it seems pretty great, the songs sound better the second time through, the first time nothing really clicked, but it sounds great second time around. Anyone else got it yet?

Also, is the volume in "But, Honestly" supposed to jump around or is it just mine?

Personally I don't think it's all that fantastic, it feels like by the numbers Foo's, from the first day of listening (one album listen and various random listens) the only really good catchy song is the lead single, still, it'll probably grow, I said the same about IYH and it's now my favourite album.

Personally I don't think it's all that fantastic, it feels like by the numbers Foo's, from the first day of listening (one album listen and various random listens) the only really good catchy song is the lead single, still, it'll probably grow, I said the same about IYH and it's now my favourite album.

I think it'll definitely grow on you as there's not a bad track on it. The album is what In Your Honour would/should have been if it was one CD.

I wish Foo Fighters would have Gil Norton as their producer more often.

I think I might take the view on this that I took on In Your Honor. There are a few great tracks ("The Pretender", "Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is Running", "Let It Die"), but they sound like they will get old after a few listens and that the rest of the record won't hold up in comparison. I'm glad Grohl and such got back to making Colour-like songs and it's good...but I wouldn't go so far as to call it great by any means.

Bought it this morning and listened to it in the car on the way back, all I can say at the moment is that I'm underwhelmed, starts of brilliantly, 'The Pretender' is a stormin track, already in my top ten foos songs, after that the album doesn't appear to get going again, just kind of plods.

This is only after one listen, so maybe its a grower.