The Office Season 4 Thread

TheSqauredCircleMessiah

Okay, season 4 kicks off tonight at 9pm with an hour long episode (in fact, the first 4 episodes are one hour). When we last left our heroes at Dunder Mifflin Scranton, PA we saw:

Jan getting fired and moving in with Michael

Ryan surprisingly getting the corporate job and dumping Kelly about 3 seconds later

Karen being stranded in New York City

Jim and Pam finally agreeing to go out on a date.

What the employees of Dunder Mifflin-Scranton did over the summer:

Darryl from the warehouse on his summer

Angela from accounting on her summer, including a review of "Knocked Up"

Phyllis from sales on her summer, including her wedding present from Michael

Andy Bernard, Regional Director in Charge of Sales, on his summer including how he traveled across New England

Pam Beesly tells how she became 30% more unpredictable over the summer

Oscar from accounting on his summer, including a review of "The Bourne Ultimatum"

Michael Scott (w/Dwight) on his summer, including his review of "Ratoutile"

Jim Halpert on the new nickname he got from Michael over the summer

Karen Filipelli on how Jim left her in New York City

Creed on his summer, including finding out his family was bigger than he thought

Ryan Howard, on how his life changed over the summer at corporate

Stanley on his VERY exciting summer

Kevin from accounting on the new hobby he picked up this summer

Dwight K. Shrute talks about the end of summer

Kelly Kapoor from HR is totally over her break-up with Ryan

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

Not a great episode, but in Office terms, still better than the 99% of what's on TV. Jim-Pam has already bored me. Way for me to prove the point that now that they're together, I've lost interest. Angela-Dwight was weird as hell too. This is a bad sign for Dwight's character, because I felt that he was uncharacteristically harsh and idiotic. Yes, Dwight's the farmboy who is out of touch with reality, but he's supposed to really love Angela.

Kevin as a P.I. and Andy's nipples though.....> *

In terms of an Office episode I've seen a lot better, but it was still funny. When I saw the first five minutes I had high expectations because I cracked up at Meredith being hit, but it didn't really live up to my expectations. Hopefully they do something entertaining with Jim and Pam because it seems as if it shouldn't be this "oh they're together, look it's what you all wanted" type thing. It doesn't feel like it should have when they finally got together.

I didn't mind it at all. Seeing Jim and Pam together kind of goes against the whole feel of the original Office, but after so long, it really didn't make sense to further prolong their romance. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to keep things interesting now that they're together. Having Karen around as a fly in the ointment would have been good.

Jan is awesome. I want more Jan.

Ditto Creed

Guest jonnocool91

I hate Jim doing his look into the camera thing. (Over)Used like 3 or 4 times per episode.

I don't think it's correct to talk about the program like it's a serious show, i.e. commending or slating the character development, because this isn't a realistic show like Gervais' Office was. Like or hate it for being funny (or not funny) but I think it's pointless to say things like "This is a bad sign for Dwight's character, because I felt that he was uncharacteristically harsh and idiotic." So what? These characters aren't realistic anyway, meaning the storylines will be controlling Dwight's character, not the other way around. You could appreciate the original Office not only for being funny, but for being realistic and being unique. This one doesn't have either of those qualities.

As for how funny it actually is, it's ok, but My Name Is Earl wins.

I hate Jim doing his look into the camera thing. (Over)Used like 3 or 4 times per episode.

I don't think it's correct to talk about the program like it's a serious show, i.e. commending or slating the character development, because this isn't a realistic show like Gervais' Office was. Like or hate it for being funny (or not funny) but I think it's pointless to say things like "This is a bad sign for Dwight's character, because I felt that he was uncharacteristically harsh and idiotic." So what? These characters aren't realistic anyway, meaning the storylines will be controlling Dwight's character, not the other way around. You could appreciate the original Office not only for being funny, but for being realistic and being unique. This one doesn't have either of those qualities.

As for how funny it actually is, it's ok, but My Name Is Earl wins.

I don't get the My Name is Earl love. Jason Lee rocks my world, but I can't recall ever laughing out loud at Earl. I want to, but it just never really happens.

Guest The Ryan

Another solid episode. Still don't like Jan as a character, but I see potential there. Ryan was great. Kelly too. And Creed, of course.

Dwight/Angela...meh.

The scene with Jim/Andy/Kevin in the lunchroom was probably one of my favourite Office scenes ever. Actually, Andy's much more tolerable this year, and Kevin makes a great foil for him.

What was up with the Jim/Pam 'breakup'? Obviously it was staged, but it never came up again...?