PES 2008

Baddar

I just started this.

I dislike the main menu (i prefer having all options in my eye, but whatever, minor)

Only one german team, are they serius? Munich arent even in the CL this season... maybe i am just freaked out by this becaus i am used to playing the japanes games with a patch. Were there this few teams in the last "unpatched" PES aswell? Or is this some silly sacrafice to be able to put more polygones in per player?

We´ll, i´ll do a test game now, but than it´s out to dance... more later.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i´ed say it playes nice, first impression is goalys actualy hold on to the ball, yay. But maybe thats only becaus i have not ajusted to the new shooting ballance yet (it feels a bit differnt at least)... kinda wirred not having the high pitched japanes anouncers.

for now my only comlpaint is that there are no german teams, what the fuck do i want to do with an frensh low level team no one ever heared of? They could atleast have the regular CL teams in... but we´ll see.

i´ed say it playes nice, first impression is goalys actualy hold on to the ball, yay. But maybe thats only becaus i have not ajusted to the new shooting ballance yet (it feels a bit differnt at least)... kinda wirred not having the high pitched japanes anouncers.

for now my only comlpaint is that there are no german teams, what the fuck do i want to do with an frensh low level team no one ever heared of? They could atleast have the regular CL teams in... but we´ll see.

I think their hands are pretty much tied in terms of the German thing. As far as I can tell, in terms of gamimg medium, the German FA has set themselves out not to be represented outside of anything that has their offical liscence. Such as this and FM. It's just a case of why they don't even have 'fake' teams like the Premiership does on Pro Evo. Perhaps they won't even allow that.

Admittedly i'm not too fussed since i've never really played as German teams before but I can understand your position. I know i'd be bitterly dissapointed if their were no Prem teams in the game.

Is dive actually on the PS2 version, I can't seem to find it?

I like how for the European Championships, they've put every poor European side on there with fake names so you can have a qualifying campaign. As England, I've just finished qualification, and my reward is a group of death with France, Greece and Germany.

What difficulty do people use? I was playing on professional, but it's a bit erratic. I can beat Israel 4-1, draw 1-1 with Spain when I hammered them, yet lose 1-0 to fucking Belarus! What the fuck!? I completed qualifying on regular just to get it done to earn the PES points quickly.

On the PS2, it basically strikes me as last years game, which isn't a bad thing of course.

Edited by Big timmayy V

Is dive actually on the PS2 version, I can't seem to find it?

I like how for the European Championships, they've put every poor European side on there with fake names so you can have a qualifying campaign. As England, I've just finished qualification, and my reward is a group of death with France, Greece and Germany.

What difficulty do people use? I was playing on professional, but it's a bit erratic. I can beat Israel 4-1, draw 1-1 with Spain when I hammered them, yet lose 1-0 to fucking Belarus! What the fuck!? I completed qualifying on regular just to get it done to earn the PES points quickly.

On the PS2, it basically strikes me as last years game, which isn't a bad thing of course.

Got it on Playstation 3 and also played it round my mates on Playstation 2. You can notice the major difference between the two as well, which makes me happy that I actually brought the PS3.

So far PS3 wise it feels five times harder which is great, although most new games feel that way. The passing is fantastic and the placing of some of the shots when hit right is top notch. Gerrard shooting wise is nailed down to perfection, he literally puts the ball through the new.

Diving is pretty hard I've found. Tried to do it about five times and been booked every single time, but I'll keep trying. Also a question, does anybody know if you can actually go to those picture screens at the top on Master League? I mean like the ones where one of the players is interviewed and stuff at the main Master League screen of your team? You probably cant, but I remember there being a few close up pictures of players being interviewed, so I thought there might be a way, but I'm guessing not. Also liking the team popularity and player popularity stuff, nice added touch. Oh and long passes are about as good as any football game has previously had, you can actually pull off perfect long passes like you want to now.

As for the stuff about it being shakey, I've had that too. I just thought it was because I was playing it on a crappy little fifteen inch television (Until I get a new television), but I'm guessing that's not the reason. It slightly bothered me at first, but I just got used to it and don't really realise it anymore. If there's a patch coming out to fix the problem, good, but it's not a major problem for me.

Overall, by far the best football game to date, top notch.

Yeah I love the small images of stuff in the Master League....Love that it themes it heavily to your club with "fan pictures" and stuff and the badge and colours everywhere. I'm useless though - won 3, drawn 4, lost 3.

I don't think I've been successful when diving either....Oh well, I should remain gentlemanly and shun the evils of diving altogether! I think it's harder but also slicker and more rewarding. For example I've come from 2-0 to draw 2-2 and earlier today was 3-1 with ten minutes to go, Berbatov scored a rebound on 82 and then he and Keane closed down defenders, he got the tackle and slotted it home for an 87th minute equaliser which actually got me to my knees clenching my fist and cheering - two low spec goals causing a real sense of elation - something that Pro Evo has always managed to do for me!

Also, scored a great goal today - Lennon beat two men down the wing, cut inside, low pass to the edge of the six yard to Keane who let it run behind his first foot and did a Thierry Henry style backheel through his leg past the keeper into the corner of the goal. Had to save the goal cos it was fantastic.

Also Lee Pyo cleared from the area with a coolios crabby outside foot stab - a very realistic last ditch "get the ball away anywhere" approach.

The more I play the more I appreciate it.

Got it on Playstation 3 and also played it round my mates on Playstation 2. You can notice the major difference between the two as well, which makes me happy that I actually brought the PS3.

So far PS3 wise it feels five times harder which is great, although most new games feel that way. The passing is fantastic and the placing of some of the shots when hit right is top notch. Gerrard shooting wise is nailed down to perfection, he literally puts the ball through the new.

Diving is pretty hard I've found. Tried to do it about five times and been booked every single time, but I'll keep trying. Also a question, does anybody know if you can actually go to those picture screens at the top on Master League? I mean like the ones where one of the players is interviewed and stuff at the main Master League screen of your team? You probably cant, but I remember there being a few close up pictures of players being interviewed, so I thought there might be a way, but I'm guessing not. Also liking the team popularity and player popularity stuff, nice added touch. Oh and long passes are about as good as any football game has previously had, you can actually pull off perfect long passes like you want to now.

As for the stuff about it being shakey, I've had that too. I just thought it was because I was playing it on a crappy little fifteen inch television (Until I get a new television), but I'm guessing that's not the reason. It slightly bothered me at first, but I just got used to it and don't really realise it anymore. If there's a patch coming out to fix the problem, good, but it's not a major problem for me.

Part of the reason it annoyed me was because I thought it'd be a lot harder to play. When I first played it, aside from the shaky-ness, I still found it easy to score. Then, my 10 year old nephew took over and did the same.

...I will say it was exhibition, and I know playing in tournaments are meant to be harder, but still.

Any news on when this "patch to fix" will be released? I don't mind waiting for it. I bought PES at the wrong time I think...already got Fall of Man to complete...and a career on FM to continue, so it doesn't top my priority list at the mo.

Grrr. I just went 1-0 up against River Plate with a scorcher from the edge of the box from Lee Barnard of all people.

Then one of their dirty midfielders dives in midfield to win the freekick (I was actually nowhere near him ref) which made me angry.

Seeing as they got away with it, Ponzio got into the box with the ball, waited until my defender was alongside him then took a dive. Ref blew for a foul....And gave him a yellow card! Huzzah! Very realistic though - cheating Argies.

Also, at 2-1 in the last three minutes one of their players went into the box again, I went in with a player with the X button - their attacker went over as if he'd been shot. The ref blew. I had a slight panic but the ref ran over to the attacker and booked HIM for diving. So it's official - the Argies even cheat like crazy in video games.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

What are the main gameplay differences between the PS2 and 360 versions (if anyone has played both)? I got the PS2 version, but I really feel like its just last years game. It's still good of course, but I may as well play last years!

What are the main gameplay differences between the PS2 and 360 versions (if anyone has played both)? I got the PS2 version, but I really feel like its just last years game. It's still good of course, but I may as well play last years!

Well I'm guessing the 360 and PS3 versions are pretty much alike. I know from seeing videos of the PS2 version that it seemed alot like PES6, like you pointed out.

To be honest, PES2008 on the PS3 doesn't REALLY seem like a PES game that much to me. It has it's gameplay, and little things that you could relate it to PES, but graphically it just seems...different. It might be for the better, or worse, you decide. The face likeness is good as always, but to me, now on "Next Gen", the animations of the players seem more "blocky" than ever.

...I don't know, maybe it was the looking at the back of the Man Utd shirt and seeing the same font used on LMA for the numbers/letters :shifty:

i only got the ps2 version, the only difference i see is that the timing has changed, they might aswell just switched that around a bit so it feels new sinc you have to reajust. right now i´ed say there is no big need to buy this one if you have the last game. at least on ps2. All the stuff in the shop seems to be the same.... hmmm you can qualify for the euro now... the world tour.... not that much realy.

Part of the reason it annoyed me was because I thought it'd be a lot harder to play. When I first played it, aside from the shaky-ness, I still found it easy to score. Then, my 10 year old nephew took over and did the same.

...I will say it was exhibition, and I know playing in tournaments are meant to be harder, but still.

Any news on when this "patch to fix" will be released? I don't mind waiting for it. I bought PES at the wrong time I think...already got Fall of Man to complete...and a career on FM to continue, so it doesn't top my priority list at the mo.