X-Box 360 problem

VerbalPuke

Alright, so I've got the plug in adapter so that I don't need to be wireless or use batteries on my controller for the X-Box. For some insanely ludicrous reason the connection continues to be lost and continues impeding my game play with "Please connect controller" errors. Well, does anybody know what the deal is? Is the X-Box defective? I've tried with two controllers, and am about ready to throw this fucking thing out the window, I didn't pay good money for this bullshit.

As an aside question, does the PS3 have this crap where the controllers need to be turned on? If not, I might just cash the whole X-Box in and make the switch to PS3. I can't stand having to turn my controller on, it should be able to plug in and that should be that, no questions asked.

It may be pressing wrong on the wireless sender. Have a look next time you don't have the adapter in. There should be a little white button with a symbol next to it. When you next play, wiggle the adapter around a bit, while still leaving it plugged in.

I had the same problem for a while with mine...

That has to be the lamest, laziest reason to change console ever.

Thanks for your help Dragsy. (Y)

I'm just frustrated is all, I didn't pay good money for this sort of nonsense.

And thank you Kryptonite, I'll give that a shot and see what happens. I was using both the button on the console, and the button on the remote, got it going for a minute, then nothing again.

To answer the question about the PS3... Yeah, you have to press the PS button in the middle to turn it on in much the same way as the 360.

The charging is also done by USB (the PS3 comes with an incredibly short one), and I generally find the controllers/charging/etc. worse with the PS3. Doesn't seem to hold as much of a charge either.

Thanks for the responses thus far, I think I'll just try and charge the boy up if that's the problem. I'll let it sit for awhile and see where that gets me. It's puzzling though, because I don't think I've played my X-Box all that much so I'm shocked if it's out of juice.

Basically, I played through the begining of Elder Scrolls for a bit, then the error message of "Please re-connect controller" kept appearing after I had turned the controller back on (after the error messages obviously). I just figured with it being plugged in, charging wouldn't be necessary and thought charging was only required for the battery packs.

Yeah, I was also duped by the play and charge. Extra fiver for the quick charge kit would've been well worth the convenience.

Yea, maybe I just suck at reading, but I'm still not exactly sure what the problem is..? So, does the controller just cut off while you're playing randomly?

Edited by Scott McFly

But the idea of the play and charge is that you can still use it whilst it is charging. And I think it does act as a wired controller while you're using the kit, because you can connect it to a PC using that cable.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I've never had problems like VP is having, I just hate being wired to the console, specially if I'm wired to my controller via the headset.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

But the idea of the play and charge is that you can still use it whilst it is charging. And I think it does act as a wired controller while you're using the kit, because you can connect it to a PC using that cable.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I've never had problems like VP is having, I just hate being wired to the console, specially if I'm wired to my controller via the headset.

Edited by Scott McFly

When you turn on a PS3 pad you don't need to press anything on the console. Instead the pad automatically aligns itself with the console and the LEDs on the top of it show what "number" pad it's aligned itself as.

Yeah, like I said, the PS button on the middle of the controller.

Exactly like with the 360.

To connect a pad don't you have to press the button on the 360 as well though to synch it up?!

At least that's what we have to do.

When you turn on a PS3 pad you don't need to press anything on the console. Instead the pad automatically aligns itself with the console and the LEDs on the top of it show what "number" pad it's aligned itself as.

To connect a pad don't you have to press the button on the 360 as well though to synch it up?!

At least that's what we have to do.

The very first time you use a pad with a particular console, you do indeed have to do that. But every time after that you just hit the button on the pad.

I'm guessing we tend to use it because we tend to use the same few pads between a number of 360s in store and therefore their "ownership" will change over the day.

Alright, now I think we're on the right track. I think Scott McFly got my problem spot on in his initial post (and in your edit, I do have the battery pack in :P ).

Here's what I have to clarify...Battery Pack thingy

Now this is going to sound ridiculous, but I didn't even realize that the pack was a battery itself. When I got the X-Box a year back, I figured they meant play and charge as "Hey, you can use this to play to charge your other batteries for your wireless controller." :pinch:

Ok, so with this figured then, do I just leave the battery pack and wire thingy plugged into the X-Box while it's on, and then it'll charge itself? I never read directions.

I also think I'm going to purchase a few regular controllers, I'm not fussed over being wireless, and even prefer a wired controller to a wireless one.

Edit - After further research, I think it's something to do with the battery pack itself. It couldn't be low because it's rarely been unplugged from the console itself, and regular double A batteries work fine with it.

Edited by VerbalPuke