Greatest Non-rock-to-rock Covers

New Damage

So we all love songs that aren't rock (well, not as heavy as the end product at least) turned into a rock cover. Songs that are almost comical, but are still 5 kinds of great. Songs in the same style as in Rise Against's cover of Journey's "Anyway You Want It".

Anyway, it'll go cover artist - song title - original artist

Korn - Word Up - Cameo

Rise Against - Anyway You Want It - Journey

Nonpoint - In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

Shinedown - Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon

Disturbed - Land Of Confusion - Genesis

Limp Bizkit - Faith - George Michael

Limp Bizkit - Jump Around - House Of Pain (I have a live version of the song)

Remember, this is an almost comedy cover list, as opposed to your Shinedown covering Lynard Skynard's "Simple Man" serious covers.

I know Journey & Genesis are 'rock', but I mean Rise Against & Disturbed took them to another level if you catch my drift.

And Land Of Confusion, it's not funny per se, just so awesome. I think its the fact of all the stick that Phil Collins gets nowadays thats what makes it funny lol.

To be honest, I fucking hate "ironic" rock/punk/"ska"/metal covers of pop songs, because it's always the band going "Oh, aren't we funny covering this naff cheesy tune", like it's so fucking original for a metal band to sing Britney Spears, or for a punk band to cover an '80s pop tune, like that's never been done before! And that's the category that the majority of the songs listed here fall into.

So "So we all love songs that aren't rock (well, not as heavy as the end product at least) turned into a rock cover" isn't true, because usually it's bloody irritating.

Although, it works somewhat brilliantly the other way round; The Cardigan's "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is immense.

Mmm, considering my parade pissed on. <_< Lol. Yeah, the death metal of doom~! bands covering Bob The Builder etc., that is lame, but when you get a funk classic covered by a decent band, ie. Word Up covered by Korn, thats perfectly acceptable.

Someone needs to hook me up with that Maniac cover. Or the whole album, whatever.

Check your PMs, it's the best I could come up with.

Oh, and for anyone who does listen to CiC's "Maniac"...bear in mind that's two guys. Every studio recording they ever did was two guys; one doing ALL the vocals, one doing ALL the instruments.