Hawthorne Heights guitarist dies

Turbo Yannis

Today is probably the worst day ever. Its with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We've spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don't contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don't want his memory to be tainted in the least. Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know.

Sincerely,

Hawthorne Heights

Eron, JT, Micah and Matt

Man this sucks and it just sounds to of happened without any explanation or warning which probably makes it harder for those around him, I was a big Hawthorne Heights fan and I hope they continue out of respect to the work Casey put into the music as well, RIP.

It's incredibly saddening, I just saw them October 6 when they played a free show here in Cincinnati. The guys were always great friends of the radio station I used to work at, they even came in on one of my last shows and played an acoustic set in the studio with me. Such a fucking bummer, I enjoy their music a lot, but the saddest part is they're just such awesome guys. Of all the bands I've ever had the pleasure (or displeasure) of meeting, no band was ever more kind and genuine than the guys in Hawthorne Heights. I feel terrible for the rest of the band and hope everyone involved can make it through this.

l_e5d22f496b657851727595ca3b4abfff.jpg

October 2006. These guys made my day by coming in and playing on a Sunday afternoon before playing that night in Covington, Kentucky. We always loved HH because they're from Dayton (about 40 minutes north from Cincinnati) and our station was pretty much the only one in the area that played them, so they always came around and did stuff like this for us. Again, not enough good can be said about the band and it's incredibly saddening to see such a good person go so young.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like Hawthorne Heights, that's a real shame. Worse that I've only just found out today. They put out some pretty solid albums, and while I've sort of changed my musical tastes slightly away from their kind recently, I don't have two albums and a DVD for no reason.

Real shame :(