Christmas Is Awesome!

Cactus Drags

In a bid to rid the Christmas charts of manufactured pop dirge, Reuben are releasing their Christmas single, "Christmas Is Awesome" on December 17th through iTunes. They've released the video early so fans going to the Camden gig on Thursday can learn the words in preparation for its live debut:

I think we can all agree that this is the best Christmas song ever, and everyone needs to buy it. How brilliant would it be for one of Britain's best alternative bands, who never seem to get the big break and recognition they deserve, get the most prestigious no.1 slot of the year? And it'll cost like 80p. And it'll keep some other self-serving slow lovy-dovy shite from being top of the charts and featured on those bloody annoying christmas compilations the world over for ever and ever.

And in an entirely unrelated note, there's a Facebook group that has pledged to stop manufacured (sic) shite getting to no.1, and they've chosen Reuben as the single to support:

http://solent.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6...2886&ref=mf

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

I wish I was going to that Camden gig now :(

Last years number 1 sold 570,000 copies, so at 80p a pop, we only need £456,000 to ensure they make it.

I've got a fiver, who's with me?

"Let's Stop Hanging Out", "Freddy Krueger" and "Scared of the Police" are probably their three marquee songs, they were all released in 2002, but remain live favourites, which has gotta mean something. I believe all three are on "Racecar is Racecar Backwards".

From the second album, "Very Fast, Very Dangerous", I'd suggest "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em", "Blamethrower", "Keep It To Yourself" and the awesome saga of "Return of the Jedi".

Then you've got the new(ish) album, "In Nothing We Trust", which I'd give a strong recommendation to "We're All Going Home In An Ambulance", "Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin", the beaaaautiful "Good Luck" and "Blood Bunny Larkhall".

If you're gonna check out one album, I'd easily suggest the first album, "Racecar is Racecar Backwards", it's not what they're really playing anymore, and has a much older sound to it, but it's definitely the easiest of the three to get into straight away, has some banging tunes, and is what many people (me not included, as I rate VFVD over it... slightly) consider to be Reuben's best album.

If you wanna delve a bit deeper, I'd suggest looking for their cover of the Gorrilaz "Feel Good Inc.", as well as the Alpha Signal songs and the song "Ways of Staying Pure".

If you need a hand, I'll be online this weekend, and I'd gladly send you everything and anything you need. =]

"Let's Stop Hanging Out", "Freddy Krueger" and "Scared of the Police" are probably their three marquee songs, they were all released in 2002, but remain live favourites, which has gotta mean something. I believe all three are on "Racecar is Racecar Backwards".

From the second album, "Very Fast, Very Dangerous", I'd suggest "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em", "Blamethrower", "Keep It To Yourself" and the awesome saga of "Return of the Jedi".

Then you've got the new(ish) album, "In Nothing We Trust", which I'd give a strong recommendation to "We're All Going Home In An Ambulance", "Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin", the beaaaautiful "Good Luck" and "Blood Bunny Larkhall".

If you're gonna check out one album, I'd easily suggest the first album, "Racecar is Racecar Backwards", it's not what they're really playing anymore, and has a much older sound to it, but it's definitely the easiest of the three to get into straight away, has some banging tunes, and is what many people (me not included, as I rate VFVD over it... slightly) consider to be Reuben's best album.

If you wanna delve a bit deeper, I'd suggest looking for their cover of the Gorrilaz "Feel Good Inc.", as well as the Alpha Signal songs and the song "Ways of Staying Pure".

If you need a hand, I'll be online this weekend, and I'd gladly send you everything and anything you need. =]

Topics like this remind me why I'd have Ollie's babies.

I shall also pimp the Reuben song "Once". Utter brilliance.

Topics like this remind me that the only reason you know of Reuben's existence is because of me.

And yeah, "Once" is fantastic. In fact, every time Reuben go acoustic, it's bound to be brilliant. "Once", "Numb At Four O Clock In The Morning", "Boy" and "Good Luck" are all sublime. It's shocking to think a band so erratic can make something so peaceful and pretty.

I don't think Scared of the Police is on Racecar. Stuck In My Throat's also a big live favourite. And Agony/Agatha is one of my favourites off the new album. VFVD is probably the better album by a hair's breadth, but Racecar's certainly the most accessible. And I'm going to need you to send me that Gorillaz cover.

Stuck In My Throat is pure love. They played it twice when I saw them in September, it was ace. Everyone went mental the first time, then the second time everyone pretty much tore the place down. I'll occassionally switch favourites between Racecar and VFVD, but I just think VFVD sounds more like an album. Racecar doesn't tend to blend as well for me.

And yeah, I'll sort out the Gorillaz cover for you. It was on Zane Lowe's show a couple years ago. They were on the live lounge a few weeks ago, apparently, but I missed it.

Topics like this remind me why I'd have Ollie's babies.

I shall also pimp the Reuben song "Once". Utter brilliance.

Topics like this remind me that the only reason you know of Reuben's existence is because of me.

And yeah, "Once" is fantastic. In fact, every time Reuben go acoustic, it's bound to be brilliant. "Once", "Numb At Four O Clock In The Morning", "Boy" and "Good Luck" are all sublime. It's shocking to think a band so erratic can make something so peaceful and pretty.

I don't think Scared of the Police is on Racecar. Stuck In My Throat's also a big live favourite. And Agony/Agatha is one of my favourites off the new album. VFVD is probably the better album by a hair's breadth, but Racecar's certainly the most accessible. And I'm going to need you to send me that Gorillaz cover.