Kris' 1975 EWR Scenario

• 3 weeks later...

I went through the whole thread trying to figure out when the start date of this was, found out it didn't have an actual start date and then found it was a moot point anyway as my computer only goes back to 1980 :lol: (decided to set the clock back to feb 1980 in the end)

Either way this should be fun. :)

I was actually thinking it'd be somwhere around that part of the year, what with the Blackjacks being WWWF tag team champions but yeah moot point seeing as my darn computer only goes back to 1980. :P

Looking good so far :) Although this wrestler I've never heard of, tried to talk me out of signing Randy Poffo and Ric Flair. :angry:

I was actually thinking it'd be somwhere around that part of the year, what with the Blackjacks being WWWF tag team champions but yeah moot point seeing as my darn computer only goes back to 1980. :P

Looking good so far :) Although this wrestler I've never heard of, tried to talk me out of signing Randy Poffo and Ric Flair. :angry:

I believe you mean Khosrow Vaziri, who is none other than the Iron Sheik. :)

I believe you mean Khosrow Vaziri, who is none other than the Iron Sheik. :)

:blush:

For those who want to set the scenario to a realistic year but can't because their computer clock only goes back to 1980, have you thought of choosing another year with the same calendar? I know it won't be perfect, as calendars aren't perfectly cyclical, but one option is to use a year like 2003, which has the same calendar as 1975. In fact, I think 2004 matches 1976, 2005 matches 1977... not sure how long that trend will continue, though.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html?year=1975

Edited by Master Shakespeare

• 3 weeks later...

For those who want to set the scenario to a realistic year but can't because their computer clock only goes back to 1980, have you thought of choosing another year with the same calendar? I know it won't be perfect, as calendars aren't perfectly cyclical, but one option is to use a year like 2003, which has the same calendar as 1975. In fact, I think 2004 matches 1976, 2005 matches 1977... not sure how long that trend will continue, though.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html?year=1975

Great idea! :)

Update!

• 4 months later...

Great scenario. Lots of fun taking every day seriously in terms of who you push and you try to sign away because anyone can leave at any time. I've had Ric Flair like 3 different times the past year because he won't sign a written contract, which is realistic. Only a few guys would. Luckily the NWA Champ Brisco with an open contract does not leave so it works for me (I'm Mid-Atlantic). Suggestions: Use 2075 as the year.

Good job!

A little suggestion : I don't know how you rate Charisma, but seeing Ric flair rated at 100, I believe you rated them at their prime. IMO Harley Race should be rated higher : I curently rated him at 93 in my Data.

Good call! I raised it to 89. Race was always a great storyteller but he was never quite "electrifying", which is nine times out of ten I reserve the 90s for. Thank you for the suggestion!

Great scenario. Lots of fun taking every day seriously in terms of who you push and you try to sign away because anyone can leave at any time. I've had Ric Flair like 3 different times the past year because he won't sign a written contract, which is realistic. Only a few guys would. Luckily the NWA Champ Brisco with an open contract does not leave so it works for me (I'm Mid-Atlantic). Suggestions: Use 2075 as the year.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the scenario! Anything you might suggest on improving, or anyone you want to use who isn't in the game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...