Kris' 1975 EWR Scenario

Keep working at it Kris. Sounds like your doing a great job. I'm thinking about doing a scenario for '87 since I have never seen one for that year or '88. To make these really accurate takes alot of work and time. Too many historical scenarios look like they are half-assed done. Best of luck.

I'm really wanting this scenario, as I'd be interested in taking that era, without weekly TV shows, and choosing the one who will eventually replace Bruno Sammartino. I figure 75's a fine year to start..

Hey Scotty, and hello everybody else, I am glad you all are interested in this project!

I really was hoping to have at least 500 until I consider it finished, and right now I have 345. I've been very busy lately, and not a lot of time has been able to be put toward this project. I will upload an update soon (today or tomorrow), and we'll work from there.

345 sure sounds like enough to me..but the more expansive the database, the more the potential.

• 4 weeks later...

Um, Kris..

WWWF Superstars is in this game, right? It wasn't around in 1975..in fact, the first syndicated show of the WWWF was WWWF Championship Wrestling, and that started in 1978. I get that you want the promotions to have TV, since the system they did wouldn't be be able to be accurately done in EWR, but for a little more accuracy, you could atleast change Superstars to Championship Wrestling.

Edit: Actually, there was apparantly a show called All-Star Wrestling, that ran from around 1970-1986, that you could use.

Edited by Zeel1

Um, Kris..

WWWF Superstars is in this game, right? It wasn't around in 1975..in fact, the first syndicated show of the WWWF was WWWF Championship Wrestling, and that started in 1978. I get that you want the promotions to have TV, since the system they did wouldn't be be able to be accurately done in EWR, but for a little more accuracy, you could atleast change Superstars to Championship Wrestling.

Thanks for pointing that out! I deleted WWWF Superstars, however, WWWF All-Star Wrestling was around since 1970, so I will be leave that in. Thanks for checking out my scenario, and if you have any more comments or suggestions let me know! :)

Whoop, just a bit late.. :P Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this, I've been wanting to play this sorta scenario, to choose who eventually overthrows Bruno Sammartino. Good job from what I've seen so far.

Edited by Zeel1

This scenario is shit. I hate it.

I agree, and Bruno Sammartino should still be WWF Champion.

EDIT: And I can explain LL's dalliance into this thread. See, he likes playing the EWR and likes telling the kids if something on the EWR is worth the playing. Yours isn't, thus he noted it.

Edited by ROC

• 2 weeks later...

*Bump*

Kris, I just learned that the Women's Title was not in the WWF until 1983. Moolah held the NWA Women's Title, and the WWF signed her over with that belt, long after 1975. So, you probably should remove the WWWF Women's Title, and Moolah herself from WWWF.

Hey, Kris, this isn't anything amazingly important, and you may have realized this already, but the plane crash that caused Flair to injure his back didn't occur until October 1975, so his stats should represent his original style, a kind of "power brawler". He also had a near 300 pound physique back then. Just something to keep in mind. :)

• 2 months later...

Update posted! 368 workers! Link.

I am in the middle of adding Capitol Sports Promotions (current day WWC).

Hey, Kris, this isn't anything amazingly important, and you may have realized this already, but the plane crash that caused Flair to injure his back didn't occur until October 1975, so his stats should represent his original style, a kind of "power brawler". He also had a near 300 pound physique back then. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Well it doesn't take place in any set time in 1975, I actually more or less base most of the stuff in the fall.

I really look forward to playing the final version of this scenario. It looks like it is coming along nicely. I am currently working on a 1987 scenario. Hope to have it finished soon.

Glad you like it. :)

*Bump*

Kris, I just learned that the Women's Title was not in the WWF until 1983. Moolah held the NWA Women's Title, and the WWF signed her over with that belt, long after 1975. So, you probably should remove the WWWF Women's Title, and Moolah herself from WWWF.

Results from this website say that Moolah worked WWWF shows as the "Women's Champion", so she will be left in. I assume Women's championship refers to the WWWF Women's Championship. Also, the WWE Women's Championship title history goes well back through to the 50s.

Thanks for your input though. :)

Tell me what you all think.

-Kris

• 4 weeks later...

Results from this website say that Moolah worked WWWF shows as the "Women's Champion", so she will be left in. I assume Women's championship refers to the WWWF Women's Championship. Also, the WWE Women's Championship title history goes well back through to the 50s.

Despite Moolah's claims, she never actually won the NWA World Women's title, instead breaking off from the NWA and defending her own "Women's World Championship" belt in various outlaw (non-NWA) promotions, and eventually the WWWF. She rarely defended the title against anyone other than her own students, and did not in fact have any 20+ or 30+ year reigns, often hotshotting her belt back and forth in this town or that promotion to get the locals talking. She arguably had an uninterrupted 8-year reign of a belt whose governing body was...herself.

I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but Moolah was a master of embellishing her deeds and protecting her paycheck. There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make you an NWA World Champion. "Women's Champion" or "Women's World Champion" is probably the correct name for her belt.

Despite Moolah's claims, she never actually won the NWA World Women's title, instead breaking off from the NWA and defending her own "Women's World Championship" belt in various outlaw (non-NWA) promotions, and eventually the WWWF. She rarely defended the title against anyone other than her own students, and did not in fact have any 20+ or 30+ year reigns, often hotshotting her belt back and forth in this town or that promotion to get the locals talking. She arguably had an uninterrupted 8-year reign of a belt whose governing body was...herself.

I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but Moolah was a master of embellishing her deeds and protecting her paycheck. There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make you an NWA World Champion. "Women's Champion" or "Women's World Champion" is probably the correct name for her belt.

So should I delete rather the NWA belt or the WWWF version of the belt, as from what you are saying they seem the be the same thing?