Red Ring Of Death

Vilge Duin

So yeah, somewhat coincidentally I convinced my one friend to go purchase a 360 considering how much fun I've had with ours...

Well, it died last night. Don't care why, but I'm quite annoyed.

I turned it on and downloaded the update. I was looking at what might have been added and while looking at the Xbox Originals thing I tried backing out. Damn thing froze on me, making a high pitched whining noise from the TV and checkering the screen.

Turned it off and then back on (having no clue why it did that), same thing happened again instantly. I again, tried turning it back on... 3 red lights. We let it sit for a few minutes and in some vain hope tried it again... And it fucking worked. We sign in, and go to play some Smackdown... freezes again.

Suffice to say that time was it. We called, did the trouble shoot, address clarification, etc.

I was mainly wondering if anyone (Canadian obviously) knows how Purolator works? They said a box would come in 3-5 business days via Purolator, we send it back and we'll get a new 360 (since apparently they don't repair them for Canadians, we get a new system). Do we have to be home or something or do we pick it up at the post office?

Does this affect our Warranty and registry of our original system? Since they'll be giving us a new 360 it'll likely have a new serial number.

Only 4 months fucking old too...

It doesn't affect your warranty. What they do is they transfer the warranty from your broken console to the new one they give you, so you still have the 3 years from the date you bought your original console. Mine died on me for the second time about a month ago now, they sent me a new one a couple of weeks later. New console and a free month of Xbox Live. The problem shouldn't happen in the first place but I must say they do handle it well.

Ah, thanks for the warranty info. And, yeah the guy on the phone mentioned a month free of Live to my girlfriend. Is that just for the one of us? We both have it and even if one of us gets it, I'd still feel ripped off.

It definitely shouldn't happen. I've never had anything of the sort happen. It's especially bothersome considering how many games we've gotten for it recently.

I'm going to be paranoid after this though. Eh.