Download my bands EP for free...

fourstarfizzle

Machiavellian - The Impossibility Of Death In The Minds Of The Living

We have decided to post the entire thing as a one time only thing prior to it's release on Casket Records next year. If you dig the EP feel free to stick it on torrent sites or burn it to CD-R, whore it around as its doing us a favour by keeping our name out there. All we ask is if you download it and like it... tell me what you thought of it :)

Gladly throwing my two cents in, all in the names of hopefully giving you guys another view you may not have come across.

Reference points: musically, 90s Anthrax in terms of vibe, more akin to Demiricous or Slayer minus solos. Vocally, Jamey Jasta and Howard Jones' screaming.

The good: You guys know what you're doing. Drummer is fantastic, as is the guitar work. Bass and vocals are solid.

The bad: songs sometimes seem too abruptly sectioned off (everyone will stop while the guitars ring or slide down, leading into another section.) Vocals need to be upped a bit volume-wise, as they're sometimes overpowered. Both are perfected with time (and I'm willing to bet this wasn't recorded on high-end equipment), so it's all good.

The REALLY good: The last two minutes of "Let My Home Be My Gallows". A frantic sense musically, reminded me of Devildriver. When you guys go in that direction, you do it extremely well. Don't be afraid to go that route a bit more often.

Overall: Glad I downloaded it. Would definitely catch you guys in concert and could most assuredly believe it if I read you guys earned a spot on Nuclear Blast or an equivalent label in the future.

Gladly throwing my two cents in, all in the names of hopefully giving you guys another view you may not have come across.

Reference points: musically, 90s Anthrax in terms of vibe, more akin to Demiricous or Slayer minus solos. Vocally, Jamey Jasta and Howard Jones' screaming.

The good: You guys know what you're doing. Drummer is fantastic, as is the guitar work. Bass and vocals are solid.

The bad: songs sometimes seem too abruptly sectioned off (everyone will stop while the guitars ring or slide down, leading into another section.) Vocals need to be upped a bit volume-wise, as they're sometimes overpowered. Both are perfected with time (and I'm willing to bet this wasn't recorded on high-end equipment), so it's all good.

The REALLY good: The last two minutes of "Let My Home Be My Gallows". A frantic sense musically, reminded me of Devildriver. When you guys go in that direction, you do it extremely well. Don't be afraid to go that route a bit more often.

Overall: Glad I downloaded it. Would definitely catch you guys in concert and could most assuredly believe it if I read you guys earned a spot on Nuclear Blast or an equivalent label in the future.

Love the EP. While I've bitched for ages about how much I hate death metal, I have really gotten into the kind Thrash/core style in the last few months, and I definitely dig the EP. Send me a message next time you're near St Helens. Fuck it, I might just hop on the train and catch you guys in Wigan. We will partay like only internet nerds can <_<

First, I'll just say that I'm not a big fan of the thrash metal kind of stuff. Having said that, this isn't really that bad. There's clear musical ability here. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals(I dislike the all-screaming stuff, as a singer myself, just listening to it makes my throat hurt. No idea how people do that so much), but they could be a lot worse. Just being able to keep everyone in time with this kind of music is difficult.

Like Midget said, you guys definitely know what you're doing, and do it well. I probably wouldn't buy this, but if I happened to be in a venue where you were playing, I wouldn't hate it.

You willing to bet this wasnt recorded on high end equipment is wrong :P It was recorded in a pretty high end studio who've done the likes of Napalm Death, Raging Speedhorn and Porcupine Trees albums, and it's owned by the original bassist of Hawkwind :P

Intriguing, Bond. In that case, you may want to experiment with different mixes. Just a thought, as it's not bad as it is.

I'm listening to "Bone Island" right now (only song I haven't listened to yet is "Marxism"), and so far, the songs are solid musically. However, I generally don't care for bands with "screamers", with few exceptions - I like the kind who sound pissed off if they're understandable, but I hate the kind going for a kind of "possessed" sound. Whoever your vocalist is is very good for a "screamer", but there are a few times when he's been incomprehensible. And I can definitely see what Midget means about the sectioning; you guys definitely need to improve on that.

The beginning and end of "Let My Home Be My Gallows" and the "Bone Island" guitar solo are awesome, but so far I think "Ranger" is my favorite of the 3 I've listened to.