Recommend me music..

Keith Kannon

Bleh, I know you guys must get a lot of these but I want to start listening to some new stuff. At the moment the bands I’m into and listening to regularly are: Megadeth, Motorhead, Metallica, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains and Fozzy. So, based on those does anybody have any recommendation for other bands to check out? Thanks.

Since you like Motorhead, check out a band by the name of Inepsy. Very much like Motorhead in their musical approach, very raw rock, falling in a place between punk and heavy metal. In fact, I'd consider them to be the closest thing to Motorhead other than Motorhead of course.

You dig Black Sabbath? Check out Pentagram, they are pretty much the American equivalent to Black Sabbath.

Also, since you seem to be into metal and hard rock, check out Venom. Venom were a huge influence on black and thrash metal in the late 70s and early 80s. I mention them because they seem like something you could get into, and because I don't mention them enough. They are killer.

Guest Wintersun Is Better

Based on your stuff.. maybe you could try Candlemass. Candlemass are pretty much the pioneers of Doom Metal, and a portion of their discography is fairly similar in sound to Black Sabbath's Paranoid, just much better.

Looking at the bands you listed, you may be into Children of Bodom, very good thrash like fast paced band. Check out Amon Amarth, who are melodic death metal once again very good band. But if you only check out one band go listen to Opeth. They are bloody amazing, have a mix of clean and death vocals. If your not into the whole death vocal thing then find their album Damnation, very blues/jazz influenced but still check them out you won't regret it.

hellz ya dimmu borgir are really good. symphonic black metal. But if you want black metal I would say emperor. But if you want more prog metal/rock check out porcupine tree, very good and the instrumental side of the band is amazing. I would stay away from Metallica there kind of over rated. But you can't go wrong with SSSLLLLLLLAAAYYYYYEEERRR

If Slayer isn't overrated, then I don't know what is. Almost every metalhead I know (internet and off) listen to Slayer and constantly sing their praises over Metallica, when the two bands have little in common. You know, if one of the guy's main favorite bands is Fozzy and Alice In Chains, I somehow doubt he'll like, say, an Emperor or Dimmu Borgir.

Opeth and Porcupine Tree, I agree with, and also recommend.

I agree that Metallica and Slayer do sound differently but people will always compare them, for one because they are the two big names in thrash metal and because they both are apart of the big four thrash metal bands. You always see Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer compared to one another and for some reason I never hear people include Anthrax. But imo Metallica are far more over-rated than slayer