CFL

Nah, because I think Oakland/New Orleans should be a damn good game.

And yes, that is my pick.

Mine's Baltimore/New Orleans...

And it should be an awful game, but since the Ravens are playing my eyes'll be glued to the screen (Much like our steamrolling of the Giants in Super Bowl XXXV).

I will mention, the only time I've gotten a Super Bowl champion right was when I said the Ravens would win SB XXXV.

Let's not ironically turn the thread about a GOOD football league into Super Bowl predictions.

Wait, if you want to talk about good football, then you should be happy we switched it to SB predictions.

Like I said before, there's a reason the CFL guys aren't in the NFL or NFL-Europe. Because their not talented enough, for the most part.

Its all good to be proud of your nations athletes, and I know there are a lot of Canadians in the CFL, but you have to be realistic. Most of those guys couldn't even sniff the bench in the NFL.

Wait, if you want to talk about good football, then you should be happy we switched it to SB predictions.

Like I said before, there's a reason the CFL guys aren't in the NFL or NFL-Europe. Because their not talented enough, for the most part.

Its all good to be proud of your nations athletes, and I know there are a lot of Canadians in the CFL, but you have to be realistic. Most of those guys couldn't even sniff the bench in the NFL.

Put it this way, the arguement of CFLers could't even sniff the bench in the NFL is a little weak. The talent level in the CFL may not be NFL-like but the players are all around the same level so it's seems like you're watching a better, faster more action packed NFL game. ;)

That has nothing to do with good football. I'm a huge baseball fan and I attend games from the Atlantic League all the time. The league is affiliated with no major league teams. A lot of people watch sports for the sport and not the names on the back of a jersey.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

The players are not as good as the NFL players, I'll concede that. But the rules make it a much more exciting game, more than making up for the talent disparity.

I live in Ottawa and am a big Rengades fan! I love both the CFL and NFL. I'm not going to sit here a rip either league because they are both very enjoyable. I've never been to an NFL game live, but I've been to a few Renegades games and they've been a blast! It's extra sweet this year now that The 'Gades are playing well. They seem to be headed to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, and with the Gray Cup here this year it's been and will continue to be a very fun season.

The CFL is a much faster game in all respects for a few reasons. Mainly because the field is wider and longer as well as their being only three downs. On average, the CFL is a faster league then the NFL because the players are smaller.

As for production quality, I don't know what your talking about. TSN does a fantastic job with Wendy's Friday Night Football and the other games they carry. The production quality on that station is, to me, better then CBS with respect to the NFL.

There no longer are any American CFL teams. It didn't make sense to have them their in the first place. Baltimore was the last franachise, and they have sinced moved back to Montreal.

There no longer are any American CFL teams. It didn't make sense to have them their in the first place. Baltimore was the last franachise, and they have sinced moved back to Montreal.

Wait, wasn't Montreal an expansion team a few years after Baltimore?

I love the CFL. Even though I DO live in Toronto, I've always been a Riders fan with my dad. I like it better because in the NFL you can go 3 yards, 3 yards, 3 yards, and inches and you get a first down. If your running back can't get it going on First and Ten, it makes for a longer second down.

I love the CFL. Even though I DO live in Toronto, I've always been a Riders fan with my dad. I like it better because in the NFL you can go 3 yards, 3 yards, 3 yards, and inches and you get a first down. If your running back can't get it going on First and Ten, it makes for a longer second down.

Sure thing, Mr. Madden. :P

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Wait, wasn't Montreal an expansion team a few years after Baltimore?

Nope. Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal. Ottawa was an expansion team a few years later.